Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Welcome back

is that what the site says? The real resolution is often different to what the browsers viewport is.

That site days 360x640 regardless of what i set zoom level to be...

That site days 360x640 regardless of what i set zoom level to be...
Perfect. It's the same res as an iphone 5C which is why it's lumpy. I'll hopefully fix that tomorrow and it'll be full of silky smoothness :)

I
http://m.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_note_4-6434.php
Looks like he's right. Higher than most desktops.
And mine is actually 1280 x 720.
http://m.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_z3_compact-6538.php
That site saying 360 x 720 is bull.

Not really, there's a new measure for phones called viewport. This is what the browser operates at and is different to the screen. My phone, LG, is a 4k screen. Telling a browser it has a 4k screen on a phone would make most websites unreadable.

My viewport is 360x640.

Reactions: uHu
Another thing I just noticed while typing the previous response is that the text does scroll as I type

This is now a lot further down.

I did no manual scrolling here.
Screenshot_2016-05-02-23-11-25.png

I wonder if it is because of the wonky css and resolution.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Chas, I've been looking for that - is what MarkW suggests what you're after? I have posted a question on the company's site asking where someting like this is as it seems trivial.
Marks suggestion only seems to give me my posts but not my threads which is mostly what I wanted, I wouldn't call that trivial, well not to me anyway.
Actually after looking again I can see threads, but they are all mixed up with posts, there is no order unless it is by date but it's as good as useless if you then have to search for specific things.

Progress is not always for the best, smoke signals never got an Indian out of bed in the middle of the night!

Last edited:
Folks, how do you add a picture from your photo library to a post on an iPhone???

some of the forums seem to say that i dont have the required perms to post there ( eg. ebay forum )... is that by design ?

some of the forums seem to say that i dont have the required perms to post there ( eg. ebay forum )... is that by design ?
urm, nope. Should not happen. Something wonky with the permissions then.

Give me a sec.

Should be fixed. Seems there was an inheritance problem with the migration.
Give it a try and see please.

Crispin, I have to say that whilst different it's all working jolly well for me. One thing I don't seem to be able to cure is the fact that I am getting notification of additions to subscribed threads but the e mail no longer has the actual content in it. I used to get a mail telling me what had been posted so I could either log on or just ignore it. Not much point being told that something has been posted but you don't know what.

There are so many option buttons I might have overlooked one.

Oh and could we have a 'top of the page button' so that on long threads we don't have to scroll all the way back up?

I have to say that whilst different it's all working jolly well for me
Like that time you spent in prison :eusa-whistle:

One thing I don't seem to be able to cure is the fact that I am getting notification of additions to subscribed threads but the e mail no longer has the actual content in it. I used to get a mail telling me what had been posted so I could either log on or just ignore it. Not much point being told that something has been posted but you don't know what.

I did turn this off because loads of users were replying to the email and then complaining about why it was being ignored (or being accused of being rude.) Having said that, I am working on a way to change this either on a per-user basis and/or a clearer email to say what's happening.

Oh and could we have a 'top of the page button' so that on long threads we don't have to scroll all the way back up?
Already asked - should be fixed tonight.

Another change Crispin has made (and is great) is the need to click on the green dot I highlighted in my screen shot... now you click the thread title and it takes you straight there to the first unread post.

However, it is a one use wonder... and if you revisit it you need to go the last page manually....

Replying from a ms tablet thinymajig. Seems to work... browser is Edge.

Night-London.jpg

Upholding photos works.
Who was it having a problem with surface?

I use the "top" button in the last red bar below the empty post space, at the bottom of each thread.

"contact us" "help" "home" and "top".

image.png

Last edited:
I use the "top" button in the last red bar below the empty post space, at the bottom of each thread.

"contact us" "help" "home" and "top".

Thats static and only available when you reach the bottom of the page. Crispin is going to put on a floating button.

Back