Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Welcome to our world Mr Branson

Shayne

Guru
We would be happy to offer you a 500 million interest only loan at 5% above base rate over 25 years . The full amount will become due on completion .

EVERY ASSET YOU OWN IN PART OR FULLY MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE .

It's just typical on how bad credit loans work - they want you to default and in Branson's case to do so would cost him 4.5 billion .

ive seen too many people go down that hole. Plus putting up assets like that is crazy. Better to find investors and partners.

as we are told that the way free markets work Virgin Atlantic should go bust & someone else can buy up the assets a fire sale prices.Branson didn't use a single penny of his estimated 4.7 billion fortune to help the staff he laid off without pay.Plus the fact that he's been a tax exile for the last 14 years. What a scumbag

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
What i'm saying is bail outs should be a boon to the tax payer resulting in profits rather than austerity .

as we are told that the way free markets work Virgin Atlantic should go bust & someone else can buy up the assets a fire sale prices.Branson didn't use a single penny of his estimated 4.7 billion fortune to help the staff he laid off without pay.Plus the fact that he's been a tax exile for the last 14 years. What a scumbag
I agree, the fact that a man with this amount of wealth expects his staff to take unpaid leave is a disgrace.
He should hang his head in shame, he won't, because he doesn't have any.

Greedy, soulless wanker.

As ever, in times of hardship this country has seen over the centuries. The least well paid and most over worked come to the forefront. While the wealthy and influential melt into the background until it all blows over...

That fella captain Tom says it all to me. He's already gone through more hardship than most of us will ever know serving his country. Then he goes and raises five million plus for the NHS.
The likes of Richard branson, Phillip Green etc really do make me sick to the pit of my stomach.

Then you have the shortage of PPE for health workers. Every pig farmer and builder down the pub will tell you a country needs the manufacturing capacity to be self-sufficient in times such as these. Yet everything has been sold off, everything moved to China for the lowest bottom line figure possible, by a bunch of short term thinking, self serving, head nodding, box ticking, fancy suit wearing, talentless toss rags.
Do these people never learn from history?

It's a good job our armed forces are... Oh, yeah, look what's happened there....

I've been told by someone at BA that Virgin Atlantic is now controlled by Singapore Airlines.

I've been told by someone at BA that Virgin Atlantic is now controlled by Singapore Airlines.

That is incorrect

49% of Virgin Atlantic is owned by Delta airlines. The rest, 51% is held by Virgin group. In that Branson's own a non controlling part. I am sure the details are listed somewhere online.

The wealthy need to step up, and the need to help across the board but atleast their own employee base. No doubts about that. Branson is fairly well down the line of the have-it's who are not stepping up.

But he is a 'Labour' supporter.

I agree, the fact that a man with this amount of wealth expects his staff to take unpaid leave is a disgrace.
He should hang his head in shame, he won't, because he doesn't have any.

Greedy, soulless wanker.

As ever, in times of hardship this country has seen over the centuries. The least well paid and most over worked come to the forefront. While the wealthy and influential melt into the background until it all blows over...

That fella captain Tom says it all to me. He's already gone through more hardship than most of us will ever know serving his country. Then he goes and raises five million plus for the NHS.
The likes of Richard branson, Phillip Green etc really do make me sick to the pit of my stomach.

Then you have the shortage of PPE for health workers. Every pig farmer and builder down the pub will tell you a country needs the manufacturing capacity to be self-sufficient in times such as these. Yet everything has been sold off, everything moved to China for the lowest bottom line figure possible, by a bunch of short term thinking, self serving, head nodding, box ticking, fancy suit wearing, talentless toss rags.
Do these people never learn from history?

It's a good job our armed forces are... Oh, yeah, look what's happened there....
Captin Tom :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup::clap:
Richard Branson :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::eusa-naughty:

But he is a 'Labour' supporter.

If he is, they don't seem to think much of him, although Corbyn seemed fond of the floors of his trains. He certainly hasn't made any donations for as far back as I can be bothered to look. Seemed to get on with Blair in the early days, but a long time ago now.

Although there is something particularly repulsive about Bransons grinning mug & smarmy manner he is simply doing what's normal for big business & will probably be surprised by the backlash.The norm in the UK & other countries has been for years to hand out cash to the wealthy & impoverish everyone else.Perhaps now there is more appetite for some substantial changes in our society?

At the risk of whipping up a storm, where is the Queens contribution to NHS, for example?
She is a very wealthy woman in her own right, without all the perks from the tax paying general public . She does not have to be concerned about being laid off, coming into contact with strangers or shopping, being 'cooped up, as well as having top medical advice/treatment.
In a speech at the start, she stated, "we are all in this together". That would be the 'royal we' I presume ?
She as leader of the nation, though not controller, has been very quiet of late !
Sorry if off the general topic, but as cash infusions are mentioned, I thought I would chip in

At the risk of whipping up a storm, where is the Queens contribution to NHS, for example?
She is a very wealthy woman in her own right, without all the perks from the tax paying general public . She does not have to be concerned about being laid off, coming into contact with strangers or shopping, being 'cooped up, as well as having top medical advice/treatment.
In a speech at the start, she stated, "we are all in this together". That would be the 'royal we' I presume ?
She as leader of the nation, though not controller, has been very quiet of late !
Sorry if off the general topic, but as cash infusions are mentioned, I thought I would chip in
I don't think your out of order whatsoever, and I don't wish the main Royals any harm, (or anyone as a mater of fact), but as an institution it's outdated and should be aloud to die out gracefully,

I agree, the Queen is very, very wealthy, but only has £370 million personal wealth.

She does bring a lot of tourist £, as the Royalists would say. :icon-biggrin: :thumbup:

As you said "At the risk of whipping up a storm" I would like to say these people with money, why should they contribute? they are either entitled to their wealth or have earned it in some way so why should they just give it away?
They've got some, so I want some. This sort of demand annoys me, it's just one step away from communism, 'From each according to his means to each according to his needs' but makes no account of how those means have been acquired. I'll get my coat.

I can appreciate that one Chas , why encourage everyone with money to leave Britain .

Going back to my interest only mortgage post , what if the credit crunch bailouts had been set out that way to be paid into the pension pot . Boom and bust economics is the set cycle so make the pension pot the buffer and with time every bust will be a boon to society as a whole .

Back