Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Western Sahara 04-17 Oct

Tommo&Claire

Garage
Myself and Claire are off to Morocco and the Western Sahara in October, we are going with Waypoint Tours. Apparently we are the last vehicle to sign up and it's mostly Land Cruisers (like most of his tours!) is there anyone here on the same tour?

http://www.waypoint-tours.com/index.htm

Can't wait!

Firstly: Not fair...

Would be cool if it happened to be others from here.

Shameless plug: I'll send some stickers to dish out. You just stick them on at 2am when everyone is sleeping. :)

Thats about the same time as i'll be going, but not with a tour company :cool:

Paul said:
Thats about the same time as i'll be going, but not with a tour company :cool:

Be nice if we could arrange an RV somewhere on the route and have some pictures taken of our trucks sporting matching LandCruiserCLub decals in the High Atlas Mountains somewhere!

I have a copy of our intended route if you're interested!

That would be cool, we are kind of heading to erg chebbi and some dune bashing but havent set the route yet.
Will you have a sat phone with you?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
One of the photos off their site... superb number plate PTO, please turn over :lol: :lol:

**Linky**

Tommo&Claire said:
Myself and Claire are off to Morocco and the Western Sahara in October, we are going with Waypoint Tours. Apparently we are the last vehicle to sign up and it's mostly Land Cruisers (like most of his tours!) is there anyone here on the same tour?
!
I did that tour with them last August,(not the PTO one :lol: ) Barry and his co-driver Max are a great couple :cool: , Morocco was fantastic, but the parts of the Western Sahara we visited had more rocks than sand, it was very rough driving, at times I though the Cruiser was going to shake itself to bits :o Are you doing the long drive down to Spain or getting the ferry to Bilbao?
Chas

Cossack said:
Tommo&Claire said:
!
I did that tour with them last August,(not the PTO one :lol: ) Barry and his co-driver Max are a great couple :cool: , Morocco was fantastic, but the parts of the Western Sahara we visited had more rocks than sand, it was very rough driving, at times I though the Cruiser was going to shake itself to bits :o Are you doing the long drive down to Spain or getting the ferry to Bilbao?
Chas

I actually thought i recognised your truck in my favourite picture, the one that lives on my desktop!

Morocco.jpg

I've just had my suspension done so hopefully i'll be okay! Were going to get the Portsmouth-Santander ferry a couple of days before. Any other top tips?

What tent are you going to use?

Oh just wondered, you said you wanted to take a look at my Oztent for some reference in case you wanted to buy one.

Paul said:
Oh just wondered, you said you wanted to take a look at my Oztent for some reference in case you wanted to buy one.

In any event i'd really like to have a nose arond it! I still have your molegrips in my glovebox to return, maybe we can kill two birds!

No worries, we might have to kill three as i might have some inverters for you to take to lincomb with you ;)

Tommo&Claire said:
Cossack said:
[quote="Tommo&Claire":tz01fi5t]Myself and Claire are off to Morocco and the Western Sahara in October, we are going with Waypoint Tours. Apparently we are the last vehicle to sign up and it's mostly Land Cruisers (like most of his tours!) is there anyone here on the same tour?
!
Chas

I actually thought i recognised your truck in my favourite picture, the one that lives on my desktop!

Morocco.jpg

I've just had my suspension done so hopefully i'll be okay! Were going to get the Portsmouth-Santander ferry a couple of days before. Any other top tips?[/quote:tz01fi5t]

That's a great pic but that's not me Tommo, mine's got a Maggie tent on top, this is me in the Todra Gorge, Max in red top and Barry in blue
TodraGorge.jpg

And this is me in the Sahara with a very large G&T with ice and a slice, how frightfully English :cool: I don't know what that is on my arm, the camera settings went funny.

GTwithiceasliceintheSahara.jpg

One tip, stay clear of the Casablanca brand beers, their absolutely great, but you end up drinking too many :lol: :lol: one other thing, Barry likes to press on a bit which I didn't like too much considering the rough ground we were covering. There was a bit too much driving and not enough of 'seeing' the country, but all in all an experience of a lifetime :cool: especially in Marraketch, we stayed in a small 'hotel' the Riad Nora, nice place, rooftop terrace, again funny camera settings the colour didn't come out right

OntheroofoftheRiad.jpg

with good views of all the other rooftops :lol:
We also had a genuine Moccocan pizza :lol: at this place, short vid complete with the call to prayer soundtrack :cool:

th_CalltoprayersinMarrakech.jpg

That's Max in front with the camera.
Chas

Great stuff, do you have a link to the whole album.......?

Would love toget together for a proper brief before we depart if your up for that!

Tommo&Claire said:
Great stuff, do you have a link to the whole album.......?

Would love toget together for a proper brief before we depart if your up for that!
PM on it's way
Chas

24Seven said:
.....first time is the best :mrgreen:
The first time I went was in 2003 on two wheels.... I couldn't wait to get out of the place :o

But within a couple of weeks of getting home I felt this weird 'pull' to go back.... we have been back 3 times since and later this year will be our 5th trip to Morocco.

Go there with an open mind and embrace the culture... you'll have a great time.

Bat21 said:
24Seven said:
.....first time is the best :mrgreen:
The first time I went was in 2003 on two wheels.... I couldn't wait to get out of the place :o

But within a couple of weeks of getting home I felt this weird 'pull' to go back.... we have been back 3 times since and later this year will be our 5th trip to Morocco.

Go there with an open mind and embrace the culture... you'll have a great time.

Weird as it may sound, I never got the same buzz this year or the feeling of being in the middle of nowhere, I think I planned the fun out of it tbh :mrgreen:

Well next year maybe Mauritania / Mali which should give me a buzz and scare me a bit. :twisted:

Back