Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

What a mistake that was ! Advice to come back required !

What excellent advice, thanks a million Ian. Not sure if I dare to actually do this as I can't afford to fly hundreds of miles and not bring the car home based on just the ACH but nice to know how to do it as, if the car is already borderline walk away (bloody hope not!) then this will be something I can do to add to the costs of work. I am saving quite a few thousands if I go for the car I am currently looking at, so to be honest if the AHC needed doing it wouldn't hurt that much as my budget has room for that and more. Obviously good if it doesn't need doing. I have to get a car asap, if the underside isn't a pile of rust and everything else checks out, service history etc, i will be coming home with it, to then set about fixing any faults. doesn't sound the logical way to do things really but I am that pushed now I have to move on something, so if its priced right and generally sound, I can happily tackle AHC and a few other issues when i get home

Anyone ever heard of a Land Cruiser 4.2 VX TDA?
The TDA part I am mainly asking about, not heard that before but it's on the V5 so it must be a real model/spec, anyone know what it means?

I've always thought it was TD=Turbo Diesel A=Active suspension i.e. AHC but I could well be wrong.

That would make sense. Never heard it before so maybe it applies to all VXs

I do wonder if sometimes I go a bit too far. Found a car, spoken to dealership who did the servicing and they said it was all done properly (its toyota dealer) including injector seals done in 2002 at 19k miles. I then got V5 sent by the dealer selling the car, looked up address and found the drive it was parked on in 2015, just looking for an oil patches. I think I need help. HA HA HA HA HA HA :D

Screen Shot 2017-06-27 at 14.15.28.png

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Oil patches on the driveway? Toyota Land Cruiser?

Admitted it might be rusty, but never leaky, surely?

Love the paranoia though, this has been an interesting thread, even though I'll never be an owner of a 100... :lol:

Waiting to see the results of this purchase...

Mmmmm

I wonder is joey "June" only appears during the month of June????.......

Back