Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

What is the hose at the back of the washer tank?

SimonD

Country Flag
australia
Hi all, after watching a teenager take out her washer tank I thought it was child's play...until I got in and realised that the auxiliary battery plus wire to the changeover relay combined together to make a simple job pretty tough - not much room. I got the pesky tank out but I'm not struggling to get the bugger back in. The issue is the bloody weird shape and the rad-type hose that goes on the back and disappears into the passenger wing. Can anyone tell me what that feed is for and whether I could consider blanking it off? Failing that, I'm open to suggestions on how to get that hose onto the back of the unit given there is very little play in it. Maybe a pair of tiny hands needed?

There’s 2 bottles, the hard plastic one you fill, and another plastic bag reservoir in the inner wing to give more volume. I don’t recommend it, but if you ease the hard bottle away from the inner wing you can access the hose clip and remove the hard bottle with the pumps in. The bag can then be removed through the access hole. It’s a mighty fiddle to replace the hose clip though...

Not sure as the front has the rear motor, the front motor and the lights motor [I think] plus tubes running off. Therefore the back one [which is much larger] is a mystery.:think:

No, the 2 bottles work as one all 3 pumps front, rear and headlights are mounted on the hard plastic bottle.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Simon, do you mean re-mounting it on the inner wing or reconnecting it to the plastic bag tube?
Reconnecting Clive - I got it out ok but I'm trying to put the hard washer tank back in and getting the hand in to reconnect that hose is proving difficult as the clip keeps knocking it off and it is difficult to sit flush again.

Reconnecting Clive - I got it out ok but I'm trying to put the hard washer tank back in and getting the hand in to reconnect that hose is proving difficult as the clip keeps knocking it off and it is difficult to sit flush again.

Yep, hence my comment about not recommending removing it. I can’t remember how I reconnected it TBH, but I found that by putting the clip on the hard tank first, then (with difficulty) fiddling the hose onto the hard tank pipe, then carefully expanding the clip over the pipe, I got there in the end.

What a fiddle, and stupid design it is...

Back