Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

What is this sensor / component on the inlet manifold?

MisterCruiser

Country Flag
ireland
Circled in green in my pic, can anyone identify this component for me please? Is it a sensor or a solenoid / actuator type component?
It's linked to the vacuum hoses, this is a 1KZ-TE engine, non d4d, is that an EGR valve that the vacuum hose is going to btw?

IMG-7214.jpg

Ok, from googling I figured out it's a vacuum switching solenoid valve most likely to the EGR valve. Wasn't sure if this old a cruiser had an EGR.

I think my next move it to figure out if the glow plug relay shares the same circuit as that vacuum switching solenoid valve that was also powering / clicking at the same time when the fault occurred. Or if these 2 circuits have something in common?

Whilst I search for a wiring diagram, would anyone happen to know if there's a common component between these glow plug and vacuum solenoid circuit's? And possibly the SRS system too.

That valve open and closes the small butterfly valve in the throttle body to stop rough shutdown when you turn off the engine. The EGR actuator is the one below that with the black and white filter on.

It does nothing if you block the egr with a plate .

Back