Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

what parts fit a colorado ?

roy

Country Flag
scotland
hi there do any other toyota's share componentry with a landcruiser colorado ???

i know it is a prado outside of the UK, but was really wondering about models that are sold in the US , as it seems there are lots of suppiers of parts over there .

cheers roy

Quite a few from the 4Runner fit as well, bear in mind that most US models are petrol as opposed to the diesels over this side of the Atlantic.
Hilux Surf KZN185 have mostly the same running gear.

They are based on the hilux platform, no? So 4runner (which was sold in the US) and Surf should have some common parts, being based on the 'Lux. Perhaps the smallest Toyota pick-up - think it might have been the Tacoma or SR5? - was based on the 'Lux of that era?
Given that there are various generations of vehicle by the same name, you'll need to check model numbers carefully. A search on ToyoDIY will tell you if parts no's are the same and you can also select the North American market to see what was sold there in any given year :idea:

On ToyoDIY, if you search for a part number, it will have a link at the bottom to do a reverse search. This will tell you which vehicles use the same part.

For example "CARRIER SUB-ASSY, DIFFERENTIAL, REAR" (41101?35170) is also used on:

08/1997-07/2005 TOYOTA HILUX KDN1**,LN1**,RZN168,173
07/2005- TOYOTA HILUX KUN15,2*
08/1989-01/2006 TOYOTA HIACE LH1**,RZH10*,11*,125,135,15*
05/1995-09/2001 TOYOTA DYNA 150 LY21*,YY211
07/2001- TOYOTA DYNA 150 KDY22*,23*,25*,26*,LY2**
01/1990-07/2001 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER BJ73,LJ7*,RJ7*,HZJ7*,PZJ7*,KZJ7*
04/1996-08/2002 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER KDJ9*,KZJ9*,VZJ9*
09/2002-07/2009 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER PRADO GRJ12*,KDJ12*

Hello Roy!

In USA you should look parts like suspension, diff, gears, etc, from Toyota 4Runner 1996 to 2002 ( same years as Prado ) and Toyota Tacoma 1995.5 to 2004.

They have no diesel engine in those trucks.

Just curious, what are you looking for specifically? Maybe I can help you with some links.

Cheers

thanks MDST ,
thats the info i was looking for, i have seen the tacoma and 4runner mentioned a lot and was looking for conformation that these models and the specific years corresspond with the landcruiser colorado .

any links to any upgraded parts or parts for modifying will be great,

cheers roy

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The aftermarket bits that I have looked at (so far) from other models have been diff drop kits, adjustable panhard rods, adjustable (caster) control arms - I haven't bought any of them. I did come across a site once that did long travel (6") suspension mods but can't find the link any more - it was very expensive though.

Thats right, the same year Toyota Tacoma has the exact same suspension, well nearly. I bought a set of rear Rancho rss9000 shocks. The only modification I did was to make the rubber hole ever so slightly bigger. Also the front steering bushes are the same. I think most of the Bushes are the same so if you need polyurethane bushes america is the place to buy them! :thumbup:

roy said:
thanks MDST ,
thats the info i was looking for, i have seen the tacoma and 4runner mentioned a lot and was looking for conformation that these models and the specific years corresspond with the landcruiser colorado .

any links to any upgraded parts or parts for modifying will be great,

cheers roy

Here you go some links Roy:

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php?op ... &Itemid=72

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/toyota.htm

http://www.sonoransteel.com/

Glen_ep in the other thread, give you other useful links ;)

Cheers

Back