Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

What torque wrench to buy?

Trevor

Country Flag
england
I need a new torque wrench as mine was a very old, cheap and nasty one from my teens which needs chucking.

Having looked around there are manual clicky ones, digital ones, 3/8, 1/4 and 1/2 drive. Ideally I'm looking to buy just one that will do everything I need, but concede I might need a delicate one and a "bit more ooomph" one for head bolts and wheel nuts.

My main needs are that it will survive being dropped without screwing up it's calibration, reverse ratchet/head and good build quality so I won't need to buy another one in my lifetime.

Whats the consensus out there?

Halfords professional for me. I've got there 6-60 and there 60-300 one both for less than £70 off eBay. With paperwork.

Snap-on TQFRN350D for me, works weel no complaints.

I'm also looking at getting the Halfords Pro range. Let's hope for a special soon.

Halfords Pro tools are good kit. Got one of their wrenches plus ratchet spanners, sockets, tool chest etc...

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I've decided on the Halfords pro but do I need the 15-70Nm, 60-300Nm, or both?

Last edited:
With those ranges you'd need both - But I manage ok with a 30-210Nm one... (Sealey iirc)

As said before if you keep an eye on eBay you will get both for the same price as one off eBay. It might take a while but they do pop up cheap every so often.

Thanks guys. Am looking at a couple on eBay at the moment...

Back