Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Whats an 80 worth??

TonyS

Hi Guys,
Just seen the other thread on the ebay 80,what a price!!
Is that sort of money they are now?

A good friend and neighbour has a 1994 M plate,VX 146000 miles, FSH,leather, UK spec, he is the 2nd owner,had it last 3 years and everything works except the rear heated screen. He has gone over it meticulously and even the rear sliding windows ,and all electric ones work well. He isnt too bothered about selling it, but if prices are good, he would consider it!! What could he ask? Is £7k where they are?
Would make a great overlander as never been off road in anger,(except the occasional field).

TonyS said:
Hi Guys,
Just seen the other thread on the ebay 80,what a price!!
Is that sort of money they are now?

A good friend and neighbour has a 1994 M plate,VX 146000 miles, FSH,leather, UK spec, he is the 2nd owner,had it last 3 years and everything works except the rear heated screen. He has gone over it meticulously and even the rear sliding windows ,and all electric ones work well. He isnt too bothered about selling it, but if prices are good, he would consider it!! What could he ask? Is £7k where they are?
Would make a great overlander as never been off road in anger,(except the occasional field).
Is £7k where they are?

Not really woth that much, thats why they are still for sale.
Generally I think they are selling well at around £3k to £5k.

Just my 2 cents.

Graham

Hi Tony,

Have a look at Chequered Flag Car Sales and Oakleigh Car Sales for prices that some dealers are setting for 80 series. I am guessing these guys are tapping into the foreign markets where prices are generally much higher than here.

I have seen VERY few decent 80s recently in the open market outside of these dealers/shysters. The £3-5k trucks are generally ropey from what I've seen. I think £7k for a good clean one is maybe a trifle high but a patient seller could get that number eventually, I'm sure. I would think an immaculate HD-FT would get even more as these seem to come up even less often than the older ones.

Cheers,

Back