Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Whats this conversion?

It's an adaptor plate for the 1kz engine (4,2D NA) but for what gearbox I could not say. I would assume its for the 4.2TD gearbox but I could be wrong.

An adaptor plate is used when bolting a gearbox to an engine block that it was not designed to work with, an example would be ford 3lt V6 engine and lame rover gearbox (done a few of those).
Have also fitted a ford 3.2 V6 (modified 3lt) to a porsche 922 transaxle gearbox and fitted to VW Microbus, that was a fun car, and done a chev 350 V8 on to a dyna 4 ton truck gearbox into a 40 series pick up, even more fun.
but the best one I ever worked on was a merc 2624 where we fitted a gearbox and diffs from a merc 3336, that was a fun truck, before conversion it had a top speed of 90 kmh and after it could almost hit 160 kmh on the speedo (calibrated for tacho) and all on standard truck suspension and drum brakes ;)

oops, thats me off on a tangent, ......
:)

Last edited:
It's an adaptor plate for the 1hz engine (4,2D NA) but for what gearbox I could not say. I would assume its for the 4.2TD gearbox but I could be wrong.

An adaptor plate is used when bolting a gearbox to an engine block that it was not designed to work with, an example would be ford 3lt V6 engine and lame rover gearbox (done a few of those).
Have also fitted a ford 3.2 V6 (modified 3lt) to a porsche 922 transaxle gearbox and fitted to VW Microbus, that was a fun car, and done a chev 350 V8 on to a dyna 4 ton truck gearbox into a 40 series pick up, even more fun.
but the best one I ever worked on was a merc 2624 where we fitted a gearbox and diffs from a merc 3336, that was a fun truck, before conversion it had a top speed of 90 kmh and after it could almost hit 160 kmh on the speedo (calibrated for tacho) and all on standard truck suspension and drum brakes ;)

oops, thats me off on a tangent, ......
:)

The translated info.---that's good for a laugh---says it's fits a KZT engine so that you can fit the manual version of the g/box off an 80 series. Maybe so you can have permanent 4 wheel drive?

Roger

I can't get it translated but perhaps its for swapping an autobox for a manual ?

Back