What's this......?

sae70

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
uk
Twas reading the thread about battery monitoring & noticed this grill on 24seven's dash & it got me to wondering what it is :? :?: :) Anyone :?:

Image0033.jpg

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
europe
It's for the internal alarm beepery thing IIRC. The original factory stereos were Sony and they used to make this warbling noise when you took the key out.

C

Bounder

I thought it was a speaker grill for the two way radios that some are fitted with.
The grill is a good place to stick your speaker for a handsfree kit behind, that what I use it for.

sae70

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
uk
Ah well you see this is what I'm thinking if it's just not in use & has space behind it then I may consider putting an extension speaker for my DIN mounted CB behind it :think: @ the mo I'm limiting myself to an Intek with a front speaker as I don't want an extension speaker mounted in sight but this may be a much neater answer :)

Anyone else used it for their CB extension speaker :?:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

24Seven

sae70 said:
Ah well you see this is what I'm thinking if it's just not in use & has space behind it then I may consider putting an extension speaker for my DIN mounted CB behind it :think: @ the mo I'm limiting myself to an Intek with a front speaker as I don't want an extension speaker mounted in sight but this may be a much neater answer :)

Anyone else used it for their CB extension speaker :?:

Using it for a CB speaker was just what I was thinking when I saw the grill, tbh I never noticed it before removing it. :thumbup:

sae70

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
uk
My only concern with it is that unlike the front mounted speaker CB's that will be talking towards your face if you put a speaker behind this grill it will be speaking to your groin :) And although as my wife points out I do most of my thinking with my groin I'm prety certain that it hasn't any ears :p