Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

What's this......?

sae70

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
uk
Twas reading the thread about battery monitoring & noticed this grill on 24seven's dash & it got me to wondering what it is :? :?: :) Anyone :?:

Image0033.jpg

It's for the internal alarm beepery thing IIRC. The original factory stereos were Sony and they used to make this warbling noise when you took the key out.

C

I thought it was a speaker grill for the two way radios that some are fitted with.
The grill is a good place to stick your speaker for a handsfree kit behind, that what I use it for.

Ah well you see this is what I'm thinking if it's just not in use & has space behind it then I may consider putting an extension speaker for my DIN mounted CB behind it :think: @ the mo I'm limiting myself to an Intek with a front speaker as I don't want an extension speaker mounted in sight but this may be a much neater answer :)

Anyone else used it for their CB extension speaker :?:

sae70 said:
Ah well you see this is what I'm thinking if it's just not in use & has space behind it then I may consider putting an extension speaker for my DIN mounted CB behind it :think: @ the mo I'm limiting myself to an Intek with a front speaker as I don't want an extension speaker mounted in sight but this may be a much neater answer :)

Anyone else used it for their CB extension speaker :?:

Using it for a CB speaker was just what I was thinking when I saw the grill, tbh I never noticed it before removing it. :thumbup:

My only concern with it is that unlike the front mounted speaker CB's that will be talking towards your face if you put a speaker behind this grill it will be speaking to your groin :) And although as my wife points out I do most of my thinking with my groin I'm prety certain that it hasn't any ears :p

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back