Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wheel arch extensions. Again...

Dieseldragon

Still hunting for some arch extensions to make my truck legal.
Last universal ones I bought were rubbish, so had to send them back.
I've found some the correct width, but they are for a 3 door discovery. Do you guys think that the shape of the disco arch and the lc90 are similar enough for them to look alright?

I've been driving round looking for a disco to park next to but can't find one!

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-Flar...EXTENSIONS-1989-1998-/201148883811?nav=SEARCH

look at some of his older posts though - or lincomb posts. there are a few with close ups.

The main problem is the rear door arch, CG's 90 was / is a 2 door shorty.

I fitted OEM to my 80 that had never had them from the factory and even they were a PITA to fit. Goodness knows how it would be like fitting something designed for a Disco. JMHO.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
From what i remember of Chris's truck i think your right DD . I also think genuine flares would stick out too far and wouldn't suit your wheels . Personally i would be looking for flexible cut to size universal extensions of the sort used by boy racers on anything from BMW's to Citroen's because they are made to be a retrofitted enhancement .

Those are what I ended up with last time, they just wouldn't form to the shape of the arches and looked awful. I think I have some photos on my phone

20160322_161951.jpg
20160322_181247.jpg

I see where your stuck the side part of your bumper is one piece with the arch on my truck :think: even if you found genuine arches you would need the side panels as well to keep it tidy .

Last edited:
I think the bumpers would be needed as well, I think they are wider.
But I also don't want it to look like a VX. I want it to look modified.

I think I have found something that will make the 90 legal. 20mm self adhesive wheel arch trim. Should at least look fairly neet.
I can't use the spacers I bought, but these, in theory should let me at least do the paperwork so my tyres will be on the vehicle documents.

kit-aletines-2-cm-universales-4-pzas-de-longitud-1500mm.jpg

I must point out DD that we all change wheels for purely cosmetic reasons and i can't help thinking if i had your truck and i couldn't find arches that looked right to my satisfaction i think i would swap the wheels for some that sat flush with the body .

Back