Wheel arches!!

Rob

Mar 1, 2010
Bristol
Garage
Paul are you running 285/75/16s on standard offset? If you are do the tyres now stick out beyond the body?

Don't like the adverts? Remove them by becoming a supporting member.   Click here

Chas

Supporter
I am in england
Mar 15, 2010
Merton Park London
Garage
Ecky Thump said:
Or, hit deep water really really fast and you dont even need to undo the bolts to remove them :lol: :lol:
When my wheel bearing failed and the wheel flew into the distance, that did a good removal job :lol: :lol:
Chas

Paul_Humphreys

Supporter
I am in uk
Mar 1, 2010
Oswestry, Shropshire.
Rob said:
Paul are you running 285/75/16s on standard offset? If you are do the tyres now stick out beyond the body?

The tyre is just out side of the body, but the tread is inside of the body. I do plan to fit some rubber to stop the mud flying up too mugch. On "testing" this morning it was ok, as not to much mud flying up.

Paul

PS, anyone got any 4-6" wide conver belt going spare? :)

Justin_Elliott

Supporter
I am in great_britain
Apr 3, 2010
Isle of Wight
Garage
Paul_Humphreys said:
PS, anyone got any 4-6" wide conver belt going spare? :)
Paul,

I'm pretty sure I can get you some from work... just work out the minimum length you need per wheel arch and i'll see what I can find... (I'm away this week so it may take a couple of weeks to get sorted)

J

Paul

I am in england
Mar 1, 2010
Southampton
Garage
I'm running 285's and they dont protrude although i am on non genuine rims.
Do yours only stick out as the archs are removed?

Gav Peter

I am in england
Mar 1, 2010
The Wirral, NW Ingerland
The OEM wheel archs just about cover my tread - 30mm spacers fitted with the 35" muds :D

Its just I gushed the drivers side arches & was thinking of trying to get some flexi arches but thems quite pricey...

Paul_Humphreys

Supporter
I am in uk
Mar 1, 2010
Oswestry, Shropshire.
Well I only just picked the rubber today, it was the first time I have gotten to get to the Isle of Wight. So I now have to find time, amoung other things, to do a test fit. I have not even looked at the rubber yet!! As It is still in the box.

Thanks Justin for it.

Paul

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks