Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wheel arches!!

Paul_Humphreys

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
To remove them, don't just pull them!! There is 2 bolts through each wing for each arch.

I know as mine is now archless!!

Paul

Or, hit deep water really really fast and you dont even need to undo the bolts to remove them :lol: :lol:

Paul are you running 285/75/16s on standard offset? If you are do the tyres now stick out beyond the body?

Ecky Thump said:
Or, hit deep water really really fast and you dont even need to undo the bolts to remove them :lol: :lol:
When my wheel bearing failed and the wheel flew into the distance, that did a good removal job :lol: :lol:
Chas

Rob said:
Paul are you running 285/75/16s on standard offset? If you are do the tyres now stick out beyond the body?

The tyre is just out side of the body, but the tread is inside of the body. I do plan to fit some rubber to stop the mud flying up too mugch. On "testing" this morning it was ok, as not to much mud flying up.

Paul

PS, anyone got any 4-6" wide conver belt going spare? :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Not got any Dave, but I will get some later if it stops raining!!

Paul

Fair one, we've just had and almighty downpour here - I got quite damp. Sunny now :evil:

Paul_Humphreys said:
PS, anyone got any 4-6" wide conver belt going spare? :)

Paul,

I'm pretty sure I can get you some from work... just work out the minimum length you need per wheel arch and i'll see what I can find... (I'm away this week so it may take a couple of weeks to get sorted)

J

Thanks Justin, I have just been and measured it and 1.5m per arch would do it. 6" wide would be better.

Let me know where and I might get down there in the lorry.

Paul

Hey Paul, did you ever get round to fitting the rubber strips to your wheel arches? Would be interested in pics if you have done...

Cheers

I'm running 285's and they dont protrude although i am on non genuine rims.
Do yours only stick out as the archs are removed?

The OEM wheel archs just about cover my tread - 30mm spacers fitted with the 35" muds :D

Its just I gushed the drivers side arches & was thinking of trying to get some flexi arches but thems quite pricey...

Well I only just picked the rubber today, it was the first time I have gotten to get to the Isle of Wight. So I now have to find time, amoung other things, to do a test fit. I have not even looked at the rubber yet!! As It is still in the box.

Thanks Justin for it.

Paul

Back