Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wheels for KZJ90 - Help please

Looking at Goodridge AT the contact surface seem's narrower than on my Toyo's but its anyone's guess how a tyre will sit when fitted , this is the problem with modifying you either copy exactly what someone else did or you throw caution to the wind and experiment so i can't really help further , only you know what you want .
Cheers for all the advise and photographic explanations so far Shayne. I'll post the end result.

Question for Shayne, what did you think of the Coopers on the 90? I am thinking more of the Hankook RT03s or STT pros now. The RF10s have been great to date, but I want a more aggressive tread for this next set.

I loved my cooper stt owl and i don't think you could get better for a 90 which is of course a light truck , i never got to try them in snow but they stick to tarmac and wet clay like glue . They don't make them any more :icon-sad:

The stt pro didn't grab me as aggressive enough looking so were overlooked but having seen them fitted to a few trucks at Lincomb they do look better to the naked eye once fitted .

The hankook look pretty good to me but i have no experience of them so can't offer a worthwhile comment .

All i can say after much ado is i opted for Toyo open country and i'm glad i did , at a glance the are very obviously mud pluggers but you wouldn't know it while doing your daily drive , they are harder than my old coopers and not quite as sticky i don't think , and how long they will last has been questioned by someone on here who had them fitted to an 80 but at 6000 miles i'm optimistic . Only time will tell .

What tyres is a personal thing its like asking me if you would prefer this chocolate cake or that chocolate cake and to my mind price comparisons don't even come into it because because tyres are the single most important performance and aesthetic upgrade money can buy , they will all long outlast the memory of that extra 100 quid you didn't want to spend .

Thanks Shayne, while doing all my searches I can get BFG M/T's for the same price as Coopers STT's. I've read some terrible reviews of the BFG A/Ts on their official website, equally there are some good ones but it has made me wonder some what. Are the BFG M/T's the dogs doo das? Otherwise I think I'm going to go for the STT's. I'm finding the Toyos difficult to source to be honest.

Demon Tweeks is a place i would never have expected to find off road tyres but they jump from 265 to 305's in the Toyo's .

Right i'm ignoring the wheels (what are they from a 120 or Hilux ?) and just looking at the bodywork I'm erring towards a 16x10 wheel with a 285/75 tyre which is a combo i can't show you .

My truck has about a 4" lift and i'm running 16x10 ET-32 with 305/70 tyres and the mrs has , with a 2" suspension lift 16x8 ET-38 with 285/75 tyres .

Do you have a lift ?

I will get you some pics tomorrow .

Hi mate. do you have any pics of your mrs's car? I've got a 90 series with 3" lift and I'm looking to change the stock 16x7 (265/70R16) to 16x8 dressed in 285/75/R16. just wanted to get an idea of what a -32 offset looked like

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi mate. sweet ride. what setup are you running on the wheels?
Thats not mine its shaynes, but he still has an old nokia so never takes photos of it

Aye Nick's the photographer i never personally got into the habit of selfies or sending pics of my winkie to old ladies :lol:

Nothing fancy ms0832 its just a 2 + 2 inch suspension and body lift , inner arches were trimmed a little long ago but i'm not sure it would be necessary had my learning not evolved with the truck .

Hello... Apologies for resurrecting an old thread but I was wondering where you acquired the gojos from? The only place I can find 16x8 gojos with the right PCD is here https://www.tyresdirectuk.co.uk/product/modular-16x8-et-35-black-6x139-7/ and the appear to be the wrong centre bore (110) and annoyingly out of stock.

I'll be starting a build thread soon having acquired a friend's old colorado 90 LWB that's in need of some love and attention... Destined to be the family overland / holiday rig when I'm done with it.

Back