Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

wheels/tyres will they fit.....

Danny b

Country Flag
uk
Hi, after some knowledge of those that have fitted 265/75 16 tyres on 8" rims. I believe the norm is to opt for a zero off set, how close does this bring the wheel/tyre to the edge? I am looking at running a 265/70 17 on a 17x8 so overall dimensions will be the same but zero offset is £20 per wheel more than a -32 offset.. so would there be room to come out 32mm either side?

Pics would be good too.

Thanks Danny.

Difficult one to answer unless someone runs exactly what you have . Do you have a lift ?

The front mudflap is where bigger wheels catch and you must appreciate that when the wheels turn they turn in an arc so the more a wheel protrudes the sooner it will come into contact with the mudflap .

Guessing I would say that size tyre on zero ofsett 8 inch wide rims would make it near flush with your wheel arch or maybe a few mm inside of flush .

I have +2 lift, I understand about the arc the wheel will go through, is there much that can be cut for more clearance? if they would fit it will look great and save me £80 but could easily go the other way and cost me a set of wheels..

Have patience because I think Froggy Steve may have a similar set up to what you want so it's worth waiting for his input .

I'm running 285/75 r16 on minus 32 with a 4" lift and despite trimming I still catch the mudflap but the metal seam inside the arch was cut down with a grinder and remains clear .

I'm running a -50mm offset, 10 inch rim and my tire sticks out past the sides about 50mm, so I would have to say on a 8 inch wheel, -32 might be a hair out a little. Tire choice will also vary how much it appears to be poking out.

What lift and tyres size are you running, I want to order today, my tyres are 265/70 17 bfg mud terrains.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I'm running 265/75R16 on 80 series wheels which (IIRC) are 8 inches wide and zero offset. The wheels/tyres are just inside the arch flares and look very similar to a "standard" Colorado with 30mm spacers - just better!
:icon-wink: :thumbup:

Sorry I can't find an appropriate pic right now.

Sorry chaps better late than never! 265/75/16 with -25 off set. Bit of rubbing with 2" lift, but cut back and ok, better when had the HD front Springs on. :) Tyres poke out about an inch. hth
20161002_160826.png
20161002_160734.png

Steve do you think and extra 6mm is achievable? I like they way yours sits.

If its width, then possibly, but you will definitely have to put some hd springs to get the front up to clear
Note my lack of front mud flaps......

What tyres will make a difference to a square edge will catch sooner than a doughnut .

Back