Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Which of the two tyres would you suggest?

superformance

Folks,

I am thinking to get either Yokohama Geolandar AT-S or Nitto Terra Grappler.

What's your take or any positive experience on the two.

Many thanks!

Where are you based? I am not aware that Nitto's are available in the UK, so I imagine you're somewhere else, probably the US?

It would be useful if you could give us more of an idea of what your intended usage is? And what size you're looking at getting.
If you're keeping the OEM size and just using the cruiser on tar roads, then the Geolandars are fine - my 80 had them on when I bought it.

No problem with the Yokohama---they are OE on many cars. Never heard of the other make.

Roger

I am based in the Philippines. Yoko's are very popular here but some shops import Nitto from the USA and they're becoming quite popular here. I intend to use the original size 285/75/16's as my LC will be use as a daily commute around town and as a tow vehicle for my race minis.

Also I wanted my rig to have a moderate aggressive look- plans to do a moderate 2 inch lift ( ironman coil springs), ARB front bumpers and possibly get an 8.5 x 16's Jaos Excel II alloys. It currently has a Rancho 9000 air-operated Adjustable shockers.

Thanks for taking time to answer my post :thumbup:

The original size is 275/70 but 285/75 go so well with the 80 that they probably should have been the OEM size ;)

Yokos will be fine for your use and nice and quiet on road. For opinions on the Nittos I suggest you look on IH8MUD - I doubt there are many of us in Europe with experience of these tyres.

Back