Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Which ones?

Which?

• Total voters

KZJ90

I sold my tires and now it´s hurry to get new ones. 2 options, size 33x12.50R17.

Cooper Discoverer STT _______________________________________________or Nokian Vatiiva M/T
042508081258s.jpg
Nokian_Vatiiva_MT(1).jpg

I have good experiences with STT, which benefits are tough sides, good balance, good treadwear, good traction and low noise BUT it weights a lot, about 5 kg more than Vatiiva. Is it a problem or not, maybe not. The less unspring load would be better for handling, of course. But the consumption was about the same with these and with my earlier tires, Discoverer S/T (same weight than Vatiiva, 26 kg).

I don´t know much about the Vatiiva, it´s made in Cooper factory in USA, I think, but I´ve read that it´s started to get loud when it worn. Looks good too, and I am able to get them quite cheap from here. The sides are quite soft, which might be a problem in off-roading (and I don´t know if I can´t get new one then any more from Europe). I think they don´t import that normally in the EU, but maybe some container is brought in Finland. It seems to be at German Nokian site, but not in Finland: http://www.nokiantyres.de/reifen-info?i ... iiva%20M/T

Hey Matti,

We don't get the Nokian in the UK AFAIK. I think you should try them and give us some feedback - we know about the STTs already :mrgreen:

In my opinion, the Nokian's look like Cooper is trying to follow the new BFG MT KM2 pattern with the more lateral centre lugs, while the STT is closer to the old BFG MT KM pattern... The KM2s seem to be slightly more biased to rock crawling than hardcore mud performance - perhaps the Nokians are focused that way too, hence the apparently softer rubber for gripping rocks?

Cheers,

I think Andrew is right ;) FWIW I don't think there will be a lot of difference between them

I'm now on my second set of Cooper STT's and I've been very impressed with them, high milage and fairly quiet on tarmac.
Chas

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That spare wheel looks so lonely... :-(

The rest are happy days!!!

I do love your shorty dude...

Hey Matti, I have your winch mount here. It's ready when you are! Come on it must be two years that we have been talking about this for your beautiful green 90.

Chris

Battered and Blue said:
Hey Matti, I have your winch mount here. It's ready when you are! Come on it must be two years that we have been talking about this for your beautiful green 90.

Chris

Is it mine? :lol: I think it´s little too heavy duty for my SUV. I found this which would be more mine: http://www.more4x4.eu/more4x4-winch-mou ... s/325.html We are planned European tour (4 weeks) with my new caravan (Hobby 545 KMF), so I think I don´t need winch at this summer. ;) But maybe next...

I think my new tires are very optimal for caravan towing, or what you think? :D

cruiserwstt.jpg

hobbyw.jpg

No way. That's lightweight. I reckon it'll just rip off the front of your truck Matti. You need a man's winch mount. That might be nice for say, a girlfriend!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chris

Nice caravan i like the colour (hate white ones) STTs are one of the best tyres i have ever used :thumbup:

make sure the nokians are EU homolagated ( E4 stamp i think) if you fit them or you could have legal/insurance hassels
phonefotos161.jpg

Admin Edit: Image fixed :thumbup:

Back