Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Which Torque?

To correct the axle width discrepancy with just wheels you would need two different offsets. Other methods of correction are very expensive and not easy to do outside Australia, otherwise I would indeed not run spacers.

Ah, understood. TBH I've always had an aversion to spacers, but in this instance I presume your front and rear tracks are different? Is this common to this model or a result of modifications?

Ah, understood. TBH I've always had an aversion to spacers, but in this instance I presume your front and rear tracks are different? Is this common to this model or a result of modifications?
The axle width variation has been ‘standard’ on all 70’s since Toyota widened the front to fit the 1VD engine in.

Well finally I had to get a friend to call the manufacturer (toll free number I couldn’t call from here) as they failed to reply to 3 emails. Their instruction is to torque the spacer to the alloy wheel torque of 131Nm.

To correct the axle width discrepancy with just wheels you would need two different offsets. Other methods of correction are very expensive and not easy to do outside Australia, otherwise I would indeed not run spacers.

I used the MDT Trutracker axle to sort out the track on mine. Was easy enough to do but certainly not as cheap as spacers.

Currently I have 2 different offset rims on mine, but have a jmacx axle to fit once I get round to it.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back