Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Whine!!!!!

foxing2night

Fellas can i pick your brains?????

How the hell on a 4x4 would you or do you fined out were the whine is coming from??????

Changed all the oils,,,, no use still making a noise,,,,,

would it be wise to take it up in the air on a garage ramps get all wheels off the ramp and drive it???????

Just put new sound system in (pioneer avh 3100 unit) so the noise will be my next job??

Sorry, this is a swb 90 prado 1997 with 95 thou on the clock, and it has flown through its mot,,
Got to get it done as it is spoiling a nice ride and the summer is coming up????

RGDS, Darrel ;)

have read on here that there is a spring somewhere with a ball bearing and when the spring over compresses with age it can cause a whine, something to do with fuel return i think, I'll have a look for the topic and post a link if i can find it

kick the missus out that should stop it :lol:

sorry i know it doesnt help you. Il get my coat.

Joe

Now that's interesting :D

I did mine and it does really work whoever found it was a bloody marvel it was driving me mad

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks fella,s
You lads really make my ribs ache ( kick the missus out,, that's a good one)
Cheers, i will go and have a look at that link now :thumbup:

This sure is a bloody good site!!!!! I cant stop reading,,,, I can see my bank balance getting a hammering :doh:

Thank you all,,,, Darrel

Hi fella,s,
This noise has drove me bloody mad!!!!!, comes on at about 1100 revs when warm
sometims at 1000, just as you pull up to traffic lights and so on????

I will get it sorted as soon as the rain stops, awesome

that should be one noise sorted ?????

then to find the whine,,, thank you for the link,,,I take my hat of to you sir :clap: :clap:

Darrel

Well i went out after tea!!!!
undone the nut put the brass washer to one side took the spring out streched it and put it back in, put the nut back on?????

wait for it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, YES that bloody noise has gone!!!!!!!!

went for a ride tonight,,,,,, silence

Well i would not have believed it :thumbup: :thumbup:

Darrel

foxing2night said:
Well i went out after tea!!!!
undone the nut put the brass washer to one side took the spring out streched it and put it back in, put the nut back on?????

wait for it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, YES that bloody noise has gone!!!!!!!!

went for a ride tonight,,,,,, silence

Well i would not have believed it :thumbup: :thumbup:

Darrel
That's what this forum is all about Darrel

Glad to here you are a happy bunny now :thumbup:

Back