Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

Would someone please tell me what is wrong with these that might justify an mot fail :icon-question:

Rack bushes 001.JPGRack bushes 002.JPG

Probably nothing to do with the look of 'em Shayne but more the movement they allow with the tester hanging on the end of a British Standard pry bar! [emoji4]

Well i couldn't move it with a 2ft bar and what a **@T to get it out i don't think any of the bolts have been undone since it was new . I honestly think they have noted while driving it into the garage that the steering pulls to the right and simply guessed at the cause . Which is in fact terrible wheel alignment as can been seen by simply looking at the uneven tyre wear , coupled with a slow puncture on the right front wheel and i dare say wishbone bushes that look well past their prime . And we pay these people by law!

What did you replace them with anyway? The poly stuff is great. I've had them for 10+ years now and they still look brand new.

Don't know mate i've grown lazy in that respect , synthetic something or other iirc , if Roughtrax sell it then it will do me .

Since having the fuel pump refurbished last year the idle rev's have been a bit low, only noticed it because i started rolling backwards on a hill one day. So a full year has past and whilst having a quick smoke outside i adjusted it, didn't realise it was quite so easy!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Not vehicle related but finally got the time and the weather to get on and do a job I look forward to all year…cleaning out the house drains!! Yep, the smell, the matted hair and slime, along with the sludge and aroma of congealed rotting cooking fat and remnants. I tell you, you just haven't lived if you haven't cleaned out your house drains…

Now, only a week before the smell leaves my nose…

Not vehicle related but finally got the time and the weather to get on and do a job I look forward to all year…cleaning out the house drains!! Yep, the smell, the matted hair and slime, along with the sludge and aroma of congealed rotting cooking fat and remnants. I tell you, you just haven't lived if you haven't cleaned out your house drains…

Now, only a week before the smell leaves my nose…

Sounds tasty! :sick:

Joyous Clive…I cannot imagine the torment people must go through that don't get the character building benefits where they have connections direct into the sewers. They don't know what they're missing. [emoji4]

Joyous Clive…I cannot imagine the torment people must go through that don't get the character building benefits where they have connections direct into the sewers. They don't know what they're missing. [emoji4]
On the subject of sewers somebody once said 'Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it depends what you put into it'

When I lived in Brum, the sewer running along the back of our road of houses became blocked. All the neighbors were out but didn't know where to start. I went to the hire shop for a set of rods, then made my way up the houses to find the first one with a full chamber.

I started rodding from the upstream and appx half way between chambers, the rod hit a blockage. It took ages to shift. First from the upstream, then from the downstream. After quite a few attempts, free it came and the surge of 'stuff' was incredible.

What folks flush away is a disgrace. Bloody jam rags, nappies, newspapers (whole ones :icon-rolleyes:) and goodness knows what that doesn't belong in the sewer.

Finally found the culprit though, half a house brick!

Happy days... :|

A group of builders I worked with once had a big guy with an even bigger moustache, like a cross between Dick Strawbridge and Super Mario. We'll call him Bob. Bob was a kindly jovial sort of big fella that would get on and do just about anything but was a bit quick to get stuck in.
Anyway, the story goes that they were called to a blocked drain in a 2 storey house that had had a lean to extension built on the back of it. The loo was completely backed up upstairs. They rodded it and rodded it but they were unable to shift the blockage, whatever they did, it was stuck solid. So they decided to dig down within the extension to the pipe below and see if they could put a new manhole in and get closer to it to shift it.
Well, no sooner had Bob exposed the drain pipe than he hit it with his club hammer to break into it. What Bob didn't realise was that he was on the wet side of the blockage as he was immediately engulfed in a fountain of water of varying colours and content from head to foot!! It also covered the inside of the extension!!

The others decided the best thing for Bob was to go home so they took him…

…standing in the tipper bed of their transit tipper holding on to the ladder rail.

Mrs Bob was not impressed. She stood Bob on the front lawn and hosed him off with the garden hose while making him strip his clothes off to his underpants before she would let him anywhere near the house.

Poor Bob…

Last edited:
A near neighbour had a garden party, in the garden there used to be a dummy wishing well but had been taken away, it was there to cover the lid of a septic tank, your ahead of me aren't you, the lid was now exposed & someone stood on it, just for a second or two, that was enough for it to give way & a chap disappeared completely right under the brown stuff, big panic but they got him out, he'd consumed well you know what i mean, rushed to hospital & was quit ill for several weeks.

Similar thing happened to a clown i worked on demolition with , he thought it was hilarious and made do with jumping in the sea fully clothed for a wash but the boss sent him home . He was yellow when he turned up for work the next day and was carted up to hospital for a fortnight .

A group of builders I worked with once had a big guy with an even bigger moustache, like a cross between Dick Strawbridge and Super Mario. We'll call him Bob. Bob was a kindly jovial sort of bug fella that would get on and do just about anything but was a bit quick to get stuck in.
Anyway, the story goes that they were called to a blocked drain in a 2 storey house that had had a lean to extension built on the back of the house. The loo was completely backed up upstairs. They rodded it and rodded it but they were unable to shift the blockage, whatever they did, it was stuck solid. So they decided to dig down within the extension to the pipe below and see if they could get closer to it to shift it.
Well, no sooner had Bob exposed the drain pipe than he hit it with his club hammer to break into it. What Bob didn't realise was that he was on the wet side of the blockage as he was immediately engulfed in water of varying colours and content from head to foot!! It also covered the inside of the extension!!

The others decided the best thing for Bob was to go home so they took him…

…standing in the tipper bed of their transit tipper holding on to the ladder rail.

Mrs Bob was not impressed. She stood Bob on the front lawn and hosed him off with the garden hose while making him strip his clothes off to his underpants before she would let him anywhere near the house.

Poor Bob…

Coincidence Rich but I just came across this picture on Facebook. I hope I never get that pi$$ed.

urinal.jpg

Had my Aircon recharged today so all ready for the south of France in May:icon-biggrin: unless i decide to spurge before holiday and treat it to new BF AT's:icon-cool: then it will be ready

Nothing landcruiser but swapped the winter tyres back to normal ones on the beemer. Only really came in handy once when we had snow for the day! They've taken a hammering as not been that cold over winter so have worn quickly!

I honestly think they have noted while driving it into the garage that the steering pulls to the right and simply guessed at the cause . Which is in fact terrible wheel alignment as can been seen by simply looking at the uneven tyre wear!

Have the UK test stations not fitted the alignment tester yet Shayne? Alignment test is part of the Spanish ITV.

regards

Dave

Back