Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

Unfortunately uk mail only decided to bring me 2 out of 3 batteries today, must have almost been their last delivery too so not tested it yet :(

Are you building a 3 service + 2 starter battery setup? Or are you doing 1+2 ?

I needed to replace the two at the front and ive got (getting) a yellow top for the back

I needed to replace the two at the front and ive got (getting) a yellow top for the back

Makes sense. For a minute I was wondering exactly where you are planning on going with 3 service batteries :)

Last time i went to visit team Tr.Ed it was pointed out that i may want to change them soon as one had started to bulge out the side. Shiny new varta's in there now.

Spent 30 minutes quickly confirming that the countershaft rear bearing is a big part of my noisy Jimny gearbox. And then an hour looking for a dropped synchro key on the shed floor.

gearbox.jpg

Rob, when you were looking for that key, you didn't find my 10mm 1\4" drive socket did you?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Shed floors are actually a portal to another dimension . . .

The number of times I have dropped small items, have seen them land, only to have them disappear forever . . .

My shed floor is concrete and is swept fairly frequently as well :icon-rolleyes:.

I expect Einstein had a theory about it :icon-wink:.

Bob.

Took the LC to the local jet wash park and had the underside and topside washed off. Scotland's great but i can see how quickly your cars can turn to tin worm. i can now sleep peacefully knowing the road salt is all washed off.

heard a clunk when the front left wheel went over a bump and the steering wheel was 45 degrees out turns out the problem was the rear right so spent the morning welding this back together
IMG_2626[1].JPG
IMG_2627[1].JPG

I did not hear my torsion bar snap but the truck made an awfull noise when going over bumps.
I have tried to weld mine on the 100 before but they break again soon after, usually behind the weld I think the metal must get weak, I do a fair amount of towing so they do get a hard life.
For peace of mind I have replaced them with a complete new assembly including bushing made by Febst and purchased through eBay superb quality and IIRC around £37 inc vat and delivery.

And only 6 days later
IMG_7115.JPG
It got lost in the post apparently. Mr uk mail does some crap hours. He's still got a van full to do!

Nice one Nick. Have to say that B.Megastore have always been pretty good. Shame about this one.

Nice one Nick. Have to say that B.Megastore have always been pretty good. Shame about this one.
Cant blame them to be fair. I ordered on the 23rd in the evening. It got sent out the first normal day after Christmas and arrived the following day, well 2 ot of 3 did. Uk mail bloke said he only had 2, i signed for 2, he said he maybe back tomorrow, friday. I sent an email friday evening to let them know i hadnt got it. Sent another yesterday and here it is today. no complaints. Now, if you can tell me where the other kidney grille thing for the beemer is i'll be well chuffed. That got sent a couple of weeks ago, my hermes are S%$t!

While you're there Chris. Is this normal?
IMG_7120.JPG
Smart pass says. Just using the back battery. 250s says using alternator to back battery. Engine was off at the time. Stood there for ten minutes seeing if it would go off.

Can't see but I presume you mean the lights haven't all gone off yet. Yes that's normal. Can't recall how long mine take, it varies, but try switching something on running from your main battery like full beam and see if they click out, or switch the fridge on and see if it goes out. Basically the system sees difference between batteries and when just run, both batteries are fizzing with energy and there's no difference in their potential. Drain one a bit and it'll probably click out.

Sorry, one stays lit all the time.

That makes perfect sense as it happens. Think its a bit like when i did my breaks, worried ive done something wrong until i have trust in it. I shall pop out later for a smoke and see whats what. Thankyou.

Back