Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

Not really maintenance but I fitted four new window rubbers - big improvement, a CDL dash switch, lovely and a pop out cup holder. The blue one now has a registration courtesy of the DVLA,

IMG_2651.JPG
Bled my clutch. Pretty sure it wasn't meant to be this colour :openmouth:
IMG_2652.JPG

@fbnss that's the route I took with the cable on mine, keeps it nice and tidy.

Could be worthwhile installing a small fuse box back there, can add to it at a later date that way, extended lighting etc, can have a fuse rated for the fridge too, the fuse for the main cable may be rated higher then the wiring to the fridge which wouldn't be good if shorted to ground.
If already have one ignore the above lol

No maintenance for me apart from washing the beemer.
80 was supposed to be in the bodyshop but we've had to put it back a couple of weeks :cry:

@Gary820 got a fuse box. Not quite figured where I'm putting it yet till mr ctek and my optima show up. Which sadly may not be until next year. Mr PS4 rudely jumped the queue yesterday!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I seem to do lots of maintenance and never mention it on this thread. So instead here's what I'm letting someone else do tomorrow because for various maintenance related reasons I couldn't get the MOT done any earlier than the day before it expires. The Jimny needs the gearbox fixing. And my employer seems to expect me to work this week. Annoyingly all really easy stuff if I'd got my act together and had the test a week ago.

• Reason(s) for failure

nearside front lower Seat belt anchorage prescribed area is excessively corroded (5.2.6)
    offside front lower Seat belt anchorage prescribed area is excessively corroded (5.2.6)
    offside Front position lamp(s) not working (1.1.A.3b)
    offside Track rod end ball joint has excessive play (2.2.B.1f)
    offside front Anti-roll bar linkage has excessive play in a ball joint (2.4.G.2)
    nearside rear Anti-roll bar linkage has excessive play in a ball joint (2.4.G.2)
    offside rear Anti-roll bar linkage has excessive play in a ball joint (2.4.G.2)

IMG_2187.JPG
Why do things have to have a different connector!!! Just changing one of the transformers for the CCFL and of course I have got 2 bloody males!!!

Who's doing what maintenance today?

Well someone else, as it happens, and it was 2 weeks ago, but who's counting?

Front axle rebuild no.3 in 10 years, this time new CV's, shaft oil seals, new cannonball wipers, steering swivels were OK (only 2 yrs old), rear prop rear UJ, all the oils changed, including trans, filters etc, and she's running like a new one. Beautifully smoooooth, no trans-clangs like it was on occasions, I can go from full throttle to throttle off and back again without any audible clunks.

Love it :icon-biggrin:

Not quite maintenance but tested the abs on the 80! Someone decided it'd be a good idea to pull out in front of me from my right side! Yep it works, so does the horn and the drivers window, my abusive language is still on par too :angry-screaming:

It was bloody close and even emma braced for a crash!
Time to invest in a camera for the 80, have one in the beemer.

Not quite maintenance but tested the abs on the 80! Someone decided it'd be a good idea to pull out in front of me from my right side! Yep it works, so does the horn and the drivers window, my abusive language is still on par too :angry-screaming:

It makes you realize that it can all be over in a heartbeat. Glad you're all OK Gary. :thumbup:

Yep, my ABS works too, last night I was undertaking a car that had pulled to the right and was signalling right when he decided it was the next turning he needed so he signalled left and pulled back into my lane, by which time I was part way alongside him, if I hadn't noticed his indicator flash . . . . . .

We would have been fine I reckon, the little kia thing wouldn't of stood upto the 80. I had words with them and questioned why they thought it was a good idea pulling out like that, basic answer was they thought would get away quicker!! Kids in the back too.

As I said time for a camera.

Yep, my ABS works too, last night I was undertaking a car that had pulled to the right and was signalling right when he decided it was the next turning he needed so he signalled left and pulled back into my lane, by which time I was part way alongside him, if I hadn't noticed his indicator flash . . . . . .

It's worrying how bad some people's driving is. Not like we drive small vehicles that aren't seen easily

Put something useful in place of the useless altimeter. Well, useful to me.

20161213_130642.jpg

20161213_140735.jpg

20161213_141540.jpg

Took the gearbox out of my Japanese 4x4. Which had been fitted in the factory by muscular midgets with 12" long fingers.
IMG_1409.JPG

That's amazingly clean looking Rob...

It's weird. It does the same off-road route as the Land Cruiser and no one could accuse that of being even slightly clean. That said I drive this one more, and Mrs C does her best Jutta Kleinschmidt impressions in the big car. On the plus side, the big car doesn't have big lumps of metal stuck to the gearbox drain plug.

Back