Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

That's going to make a lot of difference. Gotta love LED's

Except the LEDs on my 80's dash illuminations. For some reason many of them are flashing, intermittently and with no obvious cause. Both with illuminated switches and with the heater panel illumination.

The speedo/rev counter illuminating lights are steady... :think:

It's an odd one, for sure.

Oooh. Where can I get some of those?
Except the LEDs on my 80's dash illuminations. For some reason many of them are flashing, intermittently and with no obvious cause. Both with illuminated switches and with the heater panel illumination.

The speedo/rev counter illuminating lights are steady... :think:

It's an odd one, for sure.
Are they flashing off and on or just flickering, I fitted an LED panel in the desk lamp I have by my PC and I've had to change the panel twice now because some of the LED's flickered, I think it's an age thing, my brain does the same now and again.

Are they flashing off and on or just flickering, I fitted an LED panel in the desk lamp I have by my PC and I've had to change the panel twice now because some of the LED's flickered, I think it's an age thing, my brain does the same now and again.

Nice one Chas!

The dash lights, well the originals all stopped working one by one so I got my trusty helper to replace all the blown bulbs.

He did them all and "upgraded" to LED while he was at it.

Now they dance, flicker, go on and off, flash, just about any description you choose, all independently and without any apparent link to anything else. I thought it might be the radio/player but they flash even with that off.

Strangely, the speedo/rev counter illumination is steady, and those are blue LEDs.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Who the he'll came up with the 80 handbrake mechanism ?

My hands are killing me today after getting it all refitted. cable and adjustment in the morning.

Who the he'll came up with the 80 handbrake mechanism ?

My hands are killing me today after getting it all refitted. cable and adjustment in the morning.

Maybe those small Japanese hands played their part in that? :think:

Recently had a vibration on the car from the front end & been curious to what was causing this. Upon my measuring up of an intercooler top mount had to make room by removing the 2ltr oil catch can near the filter housing.
Boy was it pretty full around 1ltr in there. Emptied out for the first time in 4 years since the install & notices the vibration lessened while putting it back to stock.
Got me thinking how is that so?
Will know more in the next few drives.

DSC_2780_kindlephoto-4905883.jpg
I got my lovely new tires fitted today, but overlooked a small problem with the nuts! New ones ordered from Rough Trax......patience is a virtue so I'm told.....

So i spent yesterday afternoon after work sticking in the usb sockets i bought last week, I'm not saying it's the tidiest install ever but i didn't feel comfortable chopping up the plastics. This way its removable.
Chopped and drilled some wood, don't have the correct tools so just drilled lots of holes for the sockets.
IMG_7251.JPG
"face plate"IMG_7252.JPG
Got the carpet out from making the drawers and wrapped it, bit fiddly with the small bits and i didn't have the stapler this time.IMG_7253.JPG
you can see where i missed while squirting the glue, can't see it from the drivers side but a little messy from the passenger side.IMG_7254.JPG
test fitting.
IMG_7255.JPG IMG_7256.JPG IMG_7257.JPG IMG_7258.JPG IMG_7259.JPG
The new reverse lights came in handy.IMG_7261.JPG
@StarCruiser figured out what those wires were for on the passenger side battery. There were extra ciggy sockets. One was in the nsr cubby hole and the other tucked behind the centre console. I reused the earth from that one.
IMG_7263.JPG
Stuck in place with double sided sticky stuffIMG_7264.JPG IMG_7265.JPG IMG_7266.JPG
close up of the messy bit of glue.IMG_7267.JPG IMG_7268.JPG
I discovered i'm really crap at soldering, really really crap but it's all together and working. Wired it into that power supply thing next to the drivers side battery so that its only got power when the ignition is on.
Q. How are you supposed to actually connect stuff to that? i took the top off and connected it, but with the wire there its not exactly flush when closing, and are those contacts already fused? If not i need to stick one in line.

If in doubt treat them as if they aren't fused Nick. I've not got one but if it's got big wires and big terminals it's likely to be fused at a higher rating or not fused at all. It never hurts to put too many fuses in but can end in tears if you don't.

Good idea for somewhere to mount them

Apart from that....cup holder in the centre console!!??

Good idea for somewhere to mount them

Apart from that....cup holder in the centre console!!??

I thought about going all the way across but remembered I like to drink coffee and smoke while driving.

Back