Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

So I broke the snorkle grill last time I went to Salisbury and looked for another one on eBlag.

I came across the pre filter for the top of the snorkle I have seen them and been a bit of 2 minds if they work or not.

So I drove 10 mins on roads to work and checked it. Lots of dust surprised me.

Did a afternoon laning today and it filled up with all kinds of chap, bugs and some very dirty water...

So they do make a difference make a funny noise though View attachment 130639
There is a train of thought that the snorkel was originally intended for dusty climates, i have a genuine toyota cyclonic topper, the ones the taliban favour on there pick ups..

Yep, I have a big donut thing too. Amazing what it pulls out of the air.

How much water do you take out of yours Chris?

Mine was only in the rain for 10.miles.

None Stu. Not even in torrential Baltic weather have I had water in it.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
IMG_4798.JPG
Since the transfer box rebuild, I have had trouble with disengaging 4wd.
Was advised that the double solenoid unit was faulty.
New units are hard to come by so ordered a used but working unit.
This was very simple to install except the replacement unit came hard wired so had to splice the new and old. 3 vacuum pipes just pulled off and pushed on and just the one bolt attached the unit to the bulkhead.
All working now in high and low range and disengages properly.
Need to test it off road now

So, during the week I wired in this
20170802_193229.jpg
And Trev and Rosy came round yesterday to set it up as i know nothing about CBs. And ended up with this
20170805_120054.jpg

And apparently these readings are good
20170805_121410.jpg
20170805_121422.jpg
Then under Trevors watchful eye the handbrake was fixed. Woo!
Today I've tidied my cabling a little bit and stuck a fuse in next to the leisure battery as I'm going on holiday with an electrician and...
Last thing gave a the tailgate a scrub. Turns out aluminium isn't brown.
20170806_114303.jpg

Oh and i have the wrong nuts for the standard alloys. These came with the car and wheels. Remember guys, check your nuts!

Last edited:
You're not alone Nick, I have trouble with my nuts too :cry: the rim I bought to replace my damaged one is different to the others so I had to get another set of nuts. The spare on the carrier has six proper nuts in a container attached to the rim to use if the wheel has to be changed.

I put on new discs and pads all round today. i went for the M TEC grooved and dimpled, i had these on the Colorado before and had no problems, so thought why not treat the 120.

I've just done the same discs, mintex pads and refurbed calipers.

Last edited:
IMG_2073.JPG
IMG_2092.JPG
IMG_2093.JPG
IMG_2094.JPG
IMG_2100.JPG

After the best part of 40000km over the last 10 months mostly off road I've been busy servicing and replacing various bits and pieces.

Full service
Refurbed front calipers from Bigg Red
Mtec Grooved and Dimpled Discs
Mintex Pads
New flexy hoses (well one the other new one from Roughtrax stripped the thread)
EGR blocked off
Inlet Manifold cleaned out. Much less crud than expected after 205k miles.
Tailgate lock cleaned out after getting filled with sand. Still not working properly might need a replacement
Front ARB bushes.
Bit of rust treatment and painting

Still got the water pump to change as the current one has had a minor leak for a couple of year and fix the viscous fan

Last edited:
£65 a pair and you can have plain, grooved, dimpled and grooved, drilled and grooved or c hook. They also do a range of finishes for a bit more.

Been using Mtec discs on my other cars for about 15 years without complaint. The old ones from my track car had no wear when I took them off for bigger brakes and the ones on my MINI Works showed next to no wear after 60k miles.

First job of the day . Swapped my steering wheel. Scotland trip coming up and I wanted a nice wheel for the trip. Before and after pics.
Big list of jobs to do today inc :
Get the solar wired.
Clean and set/load the truck.
Service.
Get power to the tent and lighting.
And much more.
Yesterday I was getting my roof rack made/bodged to take the awning and the roof tent plus my solar panel.

image.jpg image.jpg

I'm going to need one of those at some point Karl. A 24v one just in case, you know, I ever find my dream truck but one with a slightly shabby wheel.

I'm going to need one of those at some point Karl. A 24v one just in case, you know, I ever find my dream truck but one with a slightly shabby wheel.

Lol
Just incase.....
I can have one ready for you when your ready. I gather the dream truck would have to have grey leather?

Ha ha. Errm, I'm not sure actually I'm guessing grey. I know it wouldn't be brown. .

Back