Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

i also fitted my ironman lift kit i was so lucky. everything came undone :D

My old tire machine needed bolting to the concrete floor. It needed moving a while ago, can't remember when or for what?? :think:
Local tire place does a great job :whistle:

Anyway holes were drilled, bolted it down and stripped a set of wheels and tires I had laying around.

Oh and a spot of contact patch tuning on the cruiser.

Not managed too much this weekend, changed the two water pump alternator belts and the power heather AC one with my farther in law
Managed a bit of a score on ebay picked up the matched pair for £10 genuine Toyota ones
At least it stopped the squeak :thumbup:

I've manages to get my underbody protection done.

Lets say Ver 01.

I'll put pic on later.

For a change nothing... well ok I repacked my recovery box but that was itv :cool:

I washed the bird shite off the roof and side of my cruiser, seagulls used it for bombing practise.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Installed 2 Varta blue dynamic batteries.

Engine started without a problem, but winch didn't get enough juice.
After a check the batteries only had 50% capacity left, so out they went.

Cleaned the airfilter wrap for the yearly MOT check.
Passed the MOT, but will need new stabilizer bar bushings next time round.

fitted some LED down lighters to the inside of the top tailgate for tailgate cooking :) swapped towbars ready to put the caravan into storage at the weekend.

Jon Wildsmith said:
fitted some LED down lighters to the inside of the top tailgate for tailgate cooking :)
Yeah, I must fit mine that I bought yonks ago :oops: :oops: , I've also got a big LED light to fit to the underside of the bonnet as well :thumbup:

Had my two new BFG M/T's spares swapped onto my normal wheels and the old tyres fitted as spares, had to pay for this at the local garage :shock: I did take the four wheels down off the truck, even so I still had to pay £3 per swap + Vat = £14.40 :cry: :mrgreen:

Checked wheel bearings at front and reset the preload etc.

Added some OKO stuff to stop the dreaded punctures.

Chris- Great White - is right about the Toyota brakes, they need pretty regular maintenance IMHO. checked all the brake calipers / pistons / seals and added a little red rubbed grease under the rubber seals (small syringe is great for that job) , and on the inner exposed surface of the pistons behind the pads, and worked pistons in and out. 9 months ago when i last did this n/s/r was a stiff, this time one of the o/s/f pistons was a bit stiff. all nice a smooth now.

bled the brakes for good measure, and the lpsv.

Few squirts of dinitrol rust converter where needed elsewhere

had a good mooch around under the truck seeing what other pm needed. the front axle breather pipe looking cracked externally (again) and noticed need to get a bracket made for the exhaust where i chopped out the centre box. That odd vibration i heard yesterday is where the old bodged mount failed and the pipe is resting on the rear cross member. otherwise truck looks good to me.

was quite nice in the sun, noticed the temp drop rapidly when it fell below the roof of the building opposite and left me in shadow.

Tomorrow morning myself and Paul will be fitting new brake disks and pads to the back of mine and taking the bullbar off Paul's. I presume to fettle with the winch (?)

I'm doing a rear brake caliper rebuild. All the rubbers are perished and the crud had gotten into the pistons. I stripped and rebuilt the handbrake mech last weekend. The eye on the internal links on both sides was solid. Whilst the link is flexible of course, having the joint solid can't have been helping. Looking at the wear on the rear pads as well, I feel that the LSV needs a tweak in favour of the front. Those pads were new when I got it and 4k later they are pretty worn. Braking isn't that good either so time for a twiddle.

Gave everything a good clean and lube to keep the muck out. Still need a lead on decent replacement front discs though. Got a distinct pulse when I brake. Somethings out of true somewhere.

Chris

Front discs - i got grooved cryo'd onces from Julian V.

Will be replacing rears some time in the next year with same (well the correct ones for the rear :)

I'll do some work on one of the 3 80 series diff rebuilds I seem to have in progress hope I can remember who's having what in their diff :mrgreen:

Thanks Adrian. That's helpful.

Jon, now I know you are just messing with their heads. Where else are you going to get rid of all those left over Milner parts, eh?

C

Chris

Forgot to mention have done 30,000 miles in 15 months they have been on. well pleased and they still look good.

a

Back