Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

Nice boots, love the MUDs but will you be using them on the road? They're a bit slippery in the wet... IMO
yeh will be mostly road use but muddy when I can, I know of their rep alright but I dont drive it hard at all really, was on a combi of goodyear and kumho muds so well usrd to the more aggressive ones.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Upgraded the weedy 8mm studs on my 80 to 10mm 12.9 socket head bolts, still need to upgrade the dowels as well to 10mm

210620142675_zpsuymjknhx.jpg

Just fitted castor correction plates to my 80. Just going for a test drive now to see if its made it any better on the road :pray:

attacked some rust underneath windscreen rubber and re-sealed.
can see the windscreen coming out sometime in the future to fix right.

Also re-sealed the wheel arches .
Worth removing the plastic cover on the rear NS as hides all sorts of nasties going on around the fuel/breather pipes.:wtf:

Heard a clunk on changing from reverse to drive yesterday but for the life of me I could not replicate it and so put it to the back of my mind.

Today I looked over the engine bay and low and behold the clutch for the ac was sitting below the radiator on top of the front engine cover...agh that clunk I heard.

Very lucky to not have lost it and even luckier to not have lost the washer/spacer inside the clutch. A quick rummage in the bolts box and all is fixed.

Roof rack bolted on for some testing over the coming weeks as to the best position for it.

It was too nice a day to do much more and do just chilled in the garden soaking up the sun.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Bit of prep for our upcoming trip.

Full service of oils & filters. New fan/alternator belt - my god they're ridiculously easy to change!

Also wired in a second 12v outlet in the driver's side rear to a switch beside the idle up.. handy for running cooler/charging LED light bar etc..

Now all it needs is a good wash and to be packed up for the off on Monday :dance:

Well i thought I would get a jump on the weekend work as I have a wedding to attend tomorrow and my sister in law over. The Monroe shocks arrived today at work so when i got home at 6 I got to work. I may have just finished but it has been so nice out that lying under the car on the gravel with a head torch on slowly tinkering away was a pleasure.

No problems to report the old ones still seem fine but they are showing signs of there 20 year age.

All the bolts came off no problem with no need to remove the tyres or jack up the car. Tomorrow morning i will torque the bolts and then go for a spin.

Pleasure whilst tinkering away with a head torch in the dark? This IS a family forum Warren

First ever change of oil filter (I know I know - not much compared to you guys, but I'm new to this ;-)) Looks like my sump is leaking pretty badly now. And I assume I shouldn't see grease coming past the seal on the wheel ball joints? And rust. Need to treat the rust. :-( Lots to learn!

ypesu7u2.jpg

ura5ety6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sumps don't usually leak, but if they do, they are not a hard thing to fix.

Leaking grease, that is probably the axle oil washing the hub grease out so it's likely your inner seals have gone.

Its generally a bad sign when two hammers are required for an oil change..m.lol

th_DSCF1962_zpseb440f13.jpg

Supposed to be a vid of some rust remover at work , 1 minute and it starts fizzing and bubbling , 2 minutes and the rusty bolts are new again . But photobucket won't work for some reason ?

Last edited:
Is that a rust remover or rust converter?

It's Dychem Super Limate and not it seems a well known product , potent stuff i use it on my boat makes fibreglass look like new and just washes away rust but doesn't harm anything else it comes into contact with - mind you having seen what it does i wouldn't chance it near paint and i would recommend gloves , goggles and overalls - it hurts but does no lasting damage to skin or eyes if rinsed soon enough . Plan is to give everything the once over with this then do it again with Fertan rust converter . I will try to post another vid .

Back