Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

I normally get it from a boat chandler in the Isle of Man but had no luck finding it in Wales so called them http://www.dychemltd.com/ be warned though its expensive , its a commercial product and they prefer to sell it by the pallet load . Also whatever you use it on will need a protective coat of something very quickly afterwards or will yellow at an astonishing rate , i sprayed my tow bar with GT85 until i'm ready to paint .

Gave the 80 a good clean and polish, cleaned the beemer too.
Got one more load of garden waste to take to the skip then I can re fit everything in the boot and swap to the 35's ready for the 19th :icon-biggrin:

Extended front diff breather, sorted cubby box light out, worked out where the light bar will go on the roof rack and that's about it,

I fitted a 3" side exit exhaust yesterday left the first oe box on the front then into a straight through 3" siliencer then a 90deg tail pipe. i picked this up off eblag stupidly cheap as a trial, i wanted to see how much difference it would make to the cruiser and i have to say i am more then impressed its like a different car now. the turbop picks up so much quicker and alot more drivable. Was worried about the noice but its fine turbo sounds great and would suggest this mod to anybody.

will post some pictures when i have fitted better as a couple of things i do not like.

stu

I fitted a 3" side exit exhaust yesterday left the first oe box on the front then into a straight through 3" siliencer then a 90deg tail pipe. i picked this up off eblag stupidly cheap as a trial, i wanted to see how much difference it would make to the cruiser and i have to say i am more then impressed its like a different car now. the turbop picks up so much quicker and alot more drivable. Was worried about the noice but its fine turbo sounds great and would suggest this mod to anybody.

will post some pictures when i have fitted better as a couple of things i do not like.

stu

It seems that the turbo provides sufficient silencing without additional mufflers.

My non-turbo diesel sounds dreadful with a straight through system, but a single muffler was enough to cure that, and it now sounds grrrrrrrrreat!

It accelerates like a slug on steroids, but that's standard on old normally aspirated diesels:doh:

It accelerates like a slug on steroids, but that's standard on old normally aspirated diesels:doh:[/QUOTE]

do you not mean a normally asmatic diesels there clive?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Absolutely!

Mine's equivalent to a 30-a-day pensioner (no offence meant Chas :shifty: :lol:) ....
I'll get my coat.... :whistle:

Couldn't you add a turbo Clive it should improve mpg while at the same time giving her a bit more go , obviously parts aren't easily sourced where you are but a turbo ain't big and theres a few of us heading your way soon .

I will try to take a vid and post put not done it before and am usless with computers.
stu

Couldn't you add a turbo Clive it should improve mpg while at the same time giving her a bit more go , obviously parts aren't easily sourced where you are but a turbo ain't big and theres a few of us heading your way soon .

It's something over considered a lot Shayne, but at my age and lifestyle, it really isn't something at the top of my list. It would also set me back a grand or so whichever way I went about it, I would imagine.

I make fun of it, because I can, but it doesn't bother me TBH. Even as it is, my missus is always telling me to slow down, I guess with a turbo she'd be half way out of the window!

It's a 3 ton truck after all (with all the bits added) so I don't expect too much. Fitting a turbo means a lot of changes, not only parts to be fitted, but there's no control systems, meaning all the sensors and complicated electronics that go with it.

It's a simple little beast that goes well enough for me, in truth. But I have to respect it's short-comings when compared with its sister turbo HDJs and you lot in your rapid 90s :lol::icon-rolleyes:

I do appreciate the offer though Shayne, very kind of you indeed! :thumbup:

Tried and failed to make another vid but here's a pic of 2 bolts i assume have been near my fuel tank guard for 17 years , i forgot about them so they were left to soak for 2 or 3 hours .
towbar2004_zpsb6bf9d16.jpg

After stripping my tow bar back to bare metal and treating it with rust converter i got some primer undercoat on it . And finally got around to fixing jacks which have leaked from the rubber bleed plug since new .
towbar2005_zps65505ffd.jpg

towbar2006_zpsa0f69cb8.jpg

Made a new recovery point for the back of it.
se8ema9u.jpg

Swapped back to the 35's and put the storage box back in the boot. Just need to chuck everything back in the box and put camping gear in.

Tried and failed to make another vid but here's a pic of 2 bolts i assume have been near my fuel tank guard for 17 years , i forgot about them so they were left to soak for 2 or 3 hours .
towbar2004_zpsb6bf9d16.jpg

After seeing this I did the same to some bashplate bolts on my bench. I'm very impressed with how well they came out - its hard to believe they're the same bolts. Then I coated them in Penetrol, so hopefully they'll be good for another 15 years now.

Back