Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

you did fine in the other thread with your load guard.

click link in photobucket and paste here

you dont need to click insert image tags on this site if thats how you are going about it?

Fitted a couple of HID spots to the bumber :dance:

Julian said:
Crispin said:
Fitted a couple of HID spots to the bumber :dance:

Cris, which ones did you go for?

Some fleabay specials. £120 (incl. postage) for two 50W HIDS.
IMG_20111211_154847.jpg

They seem ok. Very bright and very white. I went for pencil spots as the 120 is not bad with the normal hi beam. These shine past the norm with ease and make everything in front of you very bright and very white. Kinda happy with them.

They also do a 4inch set which would be cool :whistle:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Crispin said:
[quote="Crispin":1fah6p6k]Fitted a couple of HID spots to the bumber :dance:0
They also do a 4inch set which would be cool :whistle:[/quote:1fah6p6k]
I might go for a couple of 4" for the Lexus if I can find somewhere solid to mount them. I can just imagine four 4" on the roof light bar of my 80 along with the HID headlights and HID spots I've already got on the winch bumper :o

@Crispin, no cooling issues yet with the ARB and now those owl-eyes/spotlights blocking the airflow to your rad?

On the maintenance side, I replaced both headlight bulbs. Strangely both were dead on the "normal" driving light setting when firing up the 80 on Saturday eve and the N/S light worked on bright :think: This had me rather puzzled, especially as I had just changed (about a month ago) the N/S bulb. So there was a lot of checking fuses and head-scratching with no real result (as usual with my trouble-shooting). As I had 2 new bulbs to hand, I thought I may as well try them (i.e. I had exhausted all the other options) - presto result! The O/S bulb was completely fubar with the little reflector broken off and filaments snapped. The N/S one that worked on bright had a break in one of the filaments - I was surprised that it worked at all!

Anyway, there is light once more, even if it is quite modest :D

No movement on the needle but we all know about that. This morning doing 70odd for about 30 minutes did nothing but then it was 3c.

Don't think I'll have issues, the Aussies don't and its warm there :(

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

I've never had a problem either with a couple of those in front of my rad :thumbup:

I am sure you'll have no issues in winter :thumbup: I was just wondering if you were worried about it - the answer is you're not :shifty:

Swapped my injectors.

No smoke.

Chris

Did another 6l ATF flush - stuff that came out looked a bit better than last time fortunately, so progress is being made :) I intended to do the next flush 50 miles after the last one but looking at my records it's been 800 miles since I did the last 6l swap :oops: Took it for a test drive and did 15 miles or so, so may do a drain & flush tomorrow depending on how tonight's party pans out :mrgreen:

Fitted the replacement drives window motor and mechanism from Karl.

Old one finally juddered to s stop last week, whilst it was raining of course.

Gave all the mechanisms a good greasing before fitting.

Runs like new again.

Cracker of a day so decided to nip up the front wheel bearing as it had some play........well what should be a half hour job turned into me stripping the entire drivers side hub ordering new bearings and some expensive dust covers and a few nuts and thrust washers.

After that I had a delivery which prompted me to start tearing into the rear.

Bumper removed
6862724608_8a26e89f06_b.jpg

Towbar bolts exposed and sprayed with WD40
6862726264_e37ac9fa30_b.jpg

Metal rear bumper support removed
7008845155_b8cca533dc_b.jpg

Tow bar removed and spare wheel dropped. Tow bar came off with out a glitch.
7008847165_019b06241c_b.jpg

Lowering the spare wheel exposed the rear brace and spare wheel hoist as well as spare wheel stoppers that you tighten the spare wheel up against.
7008851231_ec9875b6db_b.jpg

All the above mentioned hoist and stoppers removed
7008864645_f963c70b3c_b.jpg

6862750066_344ba34c34_b.jpg

Its supprising how much weight that i took out.
6862752806_afe4994634_b.jpg

And lastly a picture to give you some insight of things to come......... :thumbup: :thumbup:
6862746680_2d7f152266_b.jpg

Watch this space........................

Another busy day in the sun. :thumbup:

Got under the car with a jet wash and let rip. Not a fun job and came out soaked and full of all sorts of muck. I got about 1 third of the way through and then decided that perhaps it’s a job for a really hot day. At least I managed to do the rear section so I can get on with my rear bumper.

Thoughts then turned to the new bumper and its assembly. Its bloody heavy as it is without tyre carrier and all the trim on it. It feels solid and well-made but then for the price you would hope so.

6868770132_7d31a3bf69_b.jpg

6868773556_810a896550_b.jpg

7014886257_d32e35782b_b.jpg

Out came the comprehensive workshop...the F1 garage has nothing on me. :oops:

7014891095_b8940b5751_b.jpg

As all men do I took heed of the instructions and decided to read them which was a good idea

6868785162_5ec901d1dc_b.jpg

A few of the bits and bobs to get started with, there are lots more bags with bits.

6868789048_9b9925ca5f_b.jpg

A large bag of bolts

6868791738_e37991b26b_b.jpg

Lights fitted. I was not impressed with the way they were assembled so took each one apart and sealed them with silicone.

7014906169_c4191da80b_b.jpg

Right trim added. I have the wheel carrier on the left.

6868799796_dba38dab54_b.jpg

And that’s it. It is like a large Meccano set and is proving to be very good fun.

More to come during the week........

Replaced front flexible brakes hoses. Went with milners since OEM were way too expensive , note the Milner ones need a little trimming to get them into the brackets on the front axle.

Warren, that F1 tool kit of yours !! can't see the the most important item in the world !!

Gaffer tape, lol

Back