Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

Oh dear Shayne[emoji30].

Reminds me of a time when on the private estate I lived on, we did Christmas carols with all sorts of nosh. This included a Burco full of Pea and Ham soup that a retired army caterer used to make up. It was always collected by one chap in his car but when he turned up with it one year we knew something was wrong as his car was completely fogged up on the inside. He only had to drive 400yds with it so decided not to have it in the footwell of the passenger side like he usually did but put it in the boot of his Volvo hatchback.
He had met the first speed ramp gently but not gently enough and was met by a tsunami of pea and ham soup as the Burco tipped over!

I think he spent the next two days cleaning it out of the carpets, seats, door cards, spare tyre well that sort of thing…

I used to think the same Gary until a certain 600 mile motorway run in mid winter without plates taught me how much salt they keep out .

It's the big bugger under the gear box and the steering gaurd, stock ones will go back on under the Box. Won't be off tarmac till spring time now tbh. Gets washed off underneath regularly during winter anyway.
Work and family mean lack of time to go out laning for a while. Away from home at least once a month for work at the mo usually 2 to 4 days at a time! New car will be here in a few weeks too so can see that getting used a lot :icon-biggrin:

Just returned from a timid test run and she howls like a banshee roars like a lion and rebels against timidness :dance: I now have a very cool boot as well ..... 5 litres worth of genuine toyota red cool to be exact as i hadn't put the lid on it :doh:

Not cheap that stuff !!

Repaired the drivers side heating element for the drivers side seat, just gotta get a passenger switch for the passenger seat and then I'll be cooking :)

Swapped out a set of windows in a truck with a set I had that were tinted. Rear was the hardest on my own but I managed.

Playing with hot water heaters

Just been offered an MOT to include a service and a full valet for 128 quid , can't fault that and i suppose there will be no excuses after that for an unscheduled oil change to wash out the crap .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
first time my truck has let me down!! aghh! haha luckily I did not need to go no where and was just going to move the truck to replace a leaking seal.....its my starter motor, Im just in the middle of checking all the components!

I bench tested my starter motor which was slow to rotate and not always engaging, checked everything which is within spec of the workshop manual. cleaned all the components put her back together and she works fawlessly....but I suspect it was the starter solenoid as it was quite grubby etc.....I ordered a new kit for £13 so will replace the components and hopefully thats the last of that

Spent half the afternoon making an 80 handbrake work even worse than what it was to start with..:icon-biggrin:

Read all the threads about such activities so off into the workshop to make some old 'dog bones' 4mm longer..

Also admiring the 40 series bib courtesy of TonyToyota yesterday, nice one Tony and thankyou..:)eusa-shhh: another piece for another project).

Changed the auto oil in the Blue one, I hope it makes a diffrence and sent the Africa Green one to Hungary to get the auto box refurbished....I hope that works out too....
4ea74853abc810a36748059882ac547a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I have been on tenterhooks since i dropped my truck off for mot at 8am yesterday because of the accident i felt like an expectant father who suspects the mrs has been shaggin a black man :pray:

She passed :banana-rock:

Are con is good , Clive will be shocked to know they didn't charge me for tracking as it was well within tolerance and the front anti-roll bar droplink needed tightening which was causing the suspect clicking . What a truck :icon-biggrin:

The transfer output seal is still leaking but i guess they thought it was overfill as i have scrubbed the area to find where the leak is coming from .

Not sure oil leaks are a failure Shayne except power steering. Look how many Land Rovers there are on the road!! [emoji6]

Congrats BTW. Boy or girl? [emoji6]

Last edited:
To be honest i'm not sure Rich its big black and powerful but purrs like a kitten :think: a transexual i guess but i'm taking it home and calling it mine regardless :lol:

[emoji23][emoji23]

I bet Helen will love it like its hers eh Shayne…? [emoji6]

I have been on tenterhooks since i dropped my truck off for mot at 8am yesterday because of the accident i felt like an expectant father who suspects the mrs has been shaggin a black man :pray:

She passed :banana-rock:

Are con is good , Clive will be shocked to know they didn't charge me for tracking as it was well within tolerance and the front anti-roll bar droplink needed tightening which was causing the suspect clicking . What a truck :icon-biggrin:

The transfer output seal is still leaking but i guess they thought it was overfill as i have scrubbed the area to find where the leak is coming from .

Well, maybe the tracking isn't out now Shayne, you moved it about 10 degrees before you left here to go back to the UK! You must have got it spot on.

Before you moved the tracking, the truck looked like Marty Feldman :lol: and your tyres were scrubbed out, on the inside.

The shock for me was the state of the rads when you got them off, and neither of them was leaking!

Well done on the test anyway, it is a beast of a truck Shayne. :thumbup:

Well cleaned up the tank guard today and surrounding area,painted them with hamerite hope it lasts,try to do oil and filter and fuel filter tomorrow as done 5000 mile since last change as got to have finger amputated next week or week after and hopefully get the blood stopped flowing out of my ass next week so got a lovely couple of weeks to come:icon-cry:

Sounds a bit drastic Sag, can't they use something other than your finger to stop the bleeding?

[emoji6]

Sag, Sorry to here about your finger ( which one ? ), why's it got to go ?, you may or may not know i had two amputated a couple of years ago

Sounds a bit drastic Sag, can't they use something other than your finger to stop the bleeding? [emoji6]

With sincere respect for what sag is about to face in the next weeks, and I wish you every success with the surgery and a speedy recovery sag, Richard, I owe you!

When I read your post quoted above, I almost choked. Jeez, haven't laughed so uncontrollably in a long time :lol: And trust me, right now, that's just what I needed.

Apologies to sag, your situation is serious. Truly, wishing you every success with the ops.

Well it started off I dropped an angle grinder on my left index finger they tried to repair it twice but it's still not moving and stuck bent with no feeling in it and just like a bone now as all the muscles have gone and starting to affect the rest of my hand but my right hand is useless as lost all feeling down my right arm a couple of years ago due to crushed discs in my neck,and wish I could just use it to stop the bleeding as I wouldn't have to go through what lies ahead,thanks richard though it's made my day that and thanks all for the concern,

Back