Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

Fitted my molle seat back. Already got 4 pouches. Waiting on a few more of various sizes to come in the next weeks.

Pretty pleased with the result

20170108_104205sml.jpg

20170108_104237sml.jpg

Cut down my 4 drawer to 2 drawers and then carpeted the sides, It simply took to much space. Will use aluminum boxes as needed. This gives more flexibility for in terms of usage

20170108_110657sml.jpg

20170108_104205sml.jpg 20170108_104237sml.jpg

Got both cars cleaned today, after nine years of ownership i'm finally going to get the alloys on the bmw reconditioned, 3 out of 4 tyres are flat after a week and it means i dont drive it which is a shame as its still lovely for a 17 year old.
changed the air freshener in mjb from
IMG_7156.JPG
to
IMG_7157.JPG
On Wednesday morning it was rather chilly (yes Clive we know) and the truck was making noises from the front right as i drove to work. It sounded like a loose battery so when i got to work i had a check. Yes the drivers side battery could be tighter but strange that it hadn't made any noise in the last few weeks since fitting. Driving home that day (when it was above 0 degrees) no abnormal noises. The only thing i can think of is that there's still mud hiding in the bumper somewhere and that this had frozen and was bumping around inside somewhere.
Tightened the battery up today and while the bonnet was up decided to sort my blocked washer jet, woo! I will be able to see again :)

Hardly maintenance but I changed a front nearside sidelight this morning as it had blown and I was taking the truck for a MoT at lunchtime.

The truck passed albeit with several advisories; :|
  • Advisory notice item(s)
    nearside rear inner Subframe mounting prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive (2.4.A.3)
    offside rear inner Subframe mounting prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive (2.4.A.3)
    nearside front inner Subframe mounting prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive sill (2.4.A.3)
    offside front inner Subframe mounting prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive sill (2.4.A.3)
    offside front Play in steering rack inner joint(s) ()
    nearside front Track rod end ball joint dust cover deteriorated, but preventing the ingress of dirt (2.2.C.1c)
    offside front Track rod end ball joint dust cover deteriorated, but preventing the ingress of dirt (2.2.C.1c)
    central exhaust box rubber spliting
    battery loose
Not so bothered about the last couple (I can sort easily) and I'm planning to get some rust proofing/prevention sorted out this Summer - so will hopefully address the corrosion issues. Which leaves the play in the steering rack joint - that's a new one to me........so will need to investigate.

I wonder how many of these would have been picked up had I chosen a different testing station? Then again, it might have been worse! :think:

Oil and filter on the 100, 25 mins job done!
Surprising how quick the miles clock up, I like to swap it every 6K miles which is about the time it starts to look a bit black on the end of the dipstick.
Genuine filter and semi synthetic from Europarts, never uses any oil whatsoever between services.
Next service will be at 204K it's remarkable really that it doesn't use oil and the engine stays dry as a bone.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ooh! nice and sparkly Nick.
Been meaning to get them done for the last 8 years! Pumping them up every week has become a total ball ache and I wasn't using it much so more miles going on the cruiser.

Which leaves the play in the steering rack joint - that's a new one to me........so will need to investigate.

Had mine go a while back, easyish fix I did a write up last year.

Changed oil, oil filter and fuel filter on mine today

Not difficult Chadr , i would change the outer as well while your at it because they don't cost much and it adds very little to the job your already doing .
New inner will likely accelerate wear on the old outer anyway , something i hadn't considered when i fitted a new rack until mot time when i was shocked to see how much i could rattle the wheel .

Fitted my molle seat back. Already got 4 pouches. Waiting on a few more of various sizes to come in the next weeks.

Pretty pleased with the result

View attachment 111935

View attachment 111936

Cut down my 4 drawer to 2 drawers and then carpeted the sides, It simply took to much space. Will use aluminum boxes as needed. This gives more flexibility for in terms of usage

View attachment 111934

View attachment 111932 View attachment 111933
Please, tell me how to get my seats looking like yours..

No cruiser stuff but spent a few hours on the 320d I bought the missus, full service, brake strip, 4 wheel alignment, air con service and anti bacterial treatment and a few other bits (making the most of the bmw tooling while I can lol)

Windows get tinted Tuesday and the valeters are going to give it a good clean for me.

I'm going to use it while we've still got the 335d, or should say the missus will use it and I'll thrash round in the 335 lol.

Need to get the wheels re furbished before it goes back too as the missus has done all 4 :icon-evil::icon-evil: allowed fair wear at tear but it's beyond that!!

New rear UJ for mine today, the milners Toyo one I fitted a few years ago hasn't lasted so this time its a roughtrax GMB version

Got the windows tinted on the new motor today, done a nice job as always (use the same bloke through work)
20170131_121518.jpg

20170131_121511.jpg

Just need some tax tomorrow and the valeters are going to work their magic.

New rear UJ for mine today, the milners Toyo one I fitted a few years ago hasn't lasted so this time its a roughtrax GMB version

I have just done all four of mine last Saturday. Ended up with two of the milners ones with play in. ( I fitted all four milner ones a couple years ago also).
The roughtrax ones do seem a bit better in the hand, will see how long they last.

Cheers, Mark

Any tips on getting the panhard rod back in ?

Chassis propped i have jacked the axle this way and that , at present the jack is at 45 degrees from the ground trying to push the axle sideways and the jack stands have tilted on to two feet in sympathy :angry-screaming:

I put the wheels back on removed jack stands and drop in back down so i could rock the body and try going back and forth on the steering wheel either of which i think might work if i could be under the truck trying to knock the bolt through while somebody else did it , but i'm Billy no mates - until someone else needs a hand :icon-rolleyes:

All the trailing arm bolts are loose and so is the lower panhard bolt , the upper bolt is in but a half inch short in sideways movement to pass through the far side hole .

I might have another hour of daylight so cuppa tea and if no answers by the time its drunk i will start putting tools away :icon-cry:

A mouthful of coffee and bang on 5pm when every place i might get one on a Sunday is shut it struck me that a ratchet strap between the panhard mounting points might just do the trick .

A mouthful of coffee and bang on 5pm when every place i might get one on a Sunday is shut it struck me that a ratchet strap between the panhard mounting points might just do the trick .

Don't the big 24/7 fuel stations sell those ratchet straps Shayne?

Dark fell quickly anyway Clive so it would have been a wasted journey , screwfix is only down the road tomorrow , it would have been nice to finish on a dry day for change though .

Well, it isn't being done today, but I've just ordered a Pedders lift kit from the trusty folk at Rough Trax...... Hoping it does all it say it will do on the tin, as she wallows a little on corners at present. Almost excited :)

Back