Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

The underside isn’t as shiny as the top side I’m afraid but at least there’s no rust, or very little anyway. Those upper arms were one of the worst bits for some reason. Next job, post lockdown will be new springs. Ride doesn’t seem to have deteriorated to any degree but it does sit a bit lower on the driver’s side. Not that noticeable unless you look close but now I have noticed it it’s bugging me.

Mine got a rub with a shiny cloth
9A4BAACF-0588-450E-89B7-5DEA8C737A57.jpeg

Middle and rear exhaust replaced today. PITA to install but perfect fit from Roughtrax. Only one question...... does anyone know what this bracket is for? I have nothing that looks out of place.

Attachments

• 20200505_160117.jpg
    20200505_160117.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Middle and rear exhaust replaced today. PITA to install but perfect fit from Roughtrax. Only one question...... does anyone know what this bracket is for? I have nothing that looks out of place.
What vehicle model is that Mick?

It's kinda hard to tell, but isn't that the pahard rod chassis mount?

I think its a 90 and if so though its hard to tell where exactly the bracket is i think maybe it was the original handbrake cable bracket , mines bolted alongside as well .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Both my 90's have the same so maybe Toyota had a rethink and it was cheaper to add a bit than to relocate the cable and remove the welded bracket ?

Both my 90's have the same so maybe Toyota had a rethink and it was cheaper to add a bit than to relocate the cable and remove the welded bracket ?
Well I guess if I'm missing anything
Sounds reasonable. I was worried when I found that the original exhaust silencer had rubber mounts not fitted properly makes you wonder what else has been frigged

Attachments

• 20200505_092517.jpg
    20200505_092517.jpg
    299.3 KB · Views: 34
My Rant of the day. :laughing-rolling:

Whoever designed the placement and fitment of the third/high level brake light, in the top of the upper tailgate on a 100 series should commit Seppuku, it looks nice recessed flush with the body, but when the badly designed gasket fails water leakes into the rear cargo area, it is impossible to revove the light without breaking the two small tangs that hold the middle down, as they are not acessible whatsoever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Full front brake system replacement today.

Very straight forward couple of hours.
IMG_20200514_122239.jpg

These had been on for all of the truck's 349,654 miles
IMG_20200514_130422.jpg

New ones are shiny

IMG_20200514_111829.jpg

Gave it an oil and filter service while I was at it and greased the UJs.

Reactions: Bob
Well not quite today, 2 days ago...Chopped the A bar from the old bumper and welded it onto the new one!
D65B3D8E-6DEB-4704-8DC8-F29C006BDCE2.jpeg

While im making rear corner bumpers for the 12v, Id thought id tidy up the ones on the 24v. They were scarred to bits. Every nut or bolt on each corner Sheared off. Which was a Bonus, Now replaced with New.... Got the Sander round the Plastic corners and sprayed 'em' Black..... Job done, Looks hell of a lot neater than was!
DSCF9983.JPG
DSCF9984.JPG
DSCF9985.JPG

Trying to fix the very long list of things that don't work on my amazon.

Attachments

• IMG_1799.JPG
    IMG_1799.JPG
    281 KB · Views: 25
Flushed the coolant today and changed the thermostat and both radiator hoses while I was at it. From reading posts on here regarding the accessibility of the coolant drain on the block it seems Toyota had learnt by the time they designed the 1HZ because the drain was super easy to get to and once loosened you could get your hand in there and turn it by hand. In fact, i'd go as far as to say it would have been a pleasure to do, had I not spilt diesel all over the engine bay last week - so now everything you touch is an oily mess.

Back