Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

After lockdown a much needed high grade oil change & filter.

Attachments

• 5BB7FAD2-82BC-4941-BD8C-1B24476242B3.jpeg
    5BB7FAD2-82BC-4941-BD8C-1B24476242B3.jpeg
    233.1 KB · Views: 27
Had the 120 on the ramp today, greased the props and gave it another couple of cans of chain lube. Doing a 400 mile trip tomorrow so we can see what effect new injectors and a Tunit chip have on economy .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
MOT in the Morning for the 24v... So iv emptied all the crap out of it and Topped the washer bottle up!....... Fingers crossed

Hi all putting hand brake calipers on my blue 40 that's it big day for me I am 60 to day so going out for a bag of chips.

Attachments

• 20200701_114556.jpg
    20200701_114556.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 20200701_114545.jpg
    20200701_114545.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 20200701_114539.jpg
    20200701_114539.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 20200701_114528.jpg
    20200701_114528.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 18
Happy Birthday Tony recon you deserve a lump of fish to go with the chips as once you have sucked the crispy bits off the chips you aint got much left

Hi Steve thanks for the happy birthday you r right about the fish.Andy good to talk thanks for the call keep well one and all .

Karl, where did you get your wind deflectors, (they are for the windows I hope)? Lol.
They came specced with other stuff on my lj78, and I've found them useful, and I've been looking at loads for the 120, but couldn't decide.
I was gonna do a all four as per the 78, how about you?

Karl, where did you get your wind deflectors, (they are for the windows I hope)? Lol.

haha

They came specced with other stuff on my lj78, and I've found them useful, and I've been looking at loads for the 120, but couldn't decide.
I was gonna do a all four as per the 78, how about you?

Hello mate, I've only fitted front ones; they were genuine Toyota and quite pricey at about £70. Toyota told me that they only made front ones for the 120 when I asked for part numbers for rear. Is that right?

I was looking at them on ebay for a while too, where you can get a complete set of 4 for less than £30, but who knows what the quality is like.

Thanks Karl. I hadn't looked at gen toyo ones precisely for that reason, - price, but then on the other hand those others that you and I have looked at could be cheap for a reason, - crap. A lot rely on double sided tape,
The gen Toyota on my78 use tape and clips and are a thick, clear durable perspex type, so that, if it's been carried on is a bonus. They also have Toyota prominantlly stamped on so they look like they should be there.
I see yours are smoked, - another plus for sideways looks into low sun. I would think they do rear but don't know, will be looking now.
Maintenance this week has been get truck in air, get mate to strip off tyres, tomorrow drop off at acid strippers at wheel unit, then have another mate to spray up starting with etch primer, then get tyre mate to put tyres back on. Should make difference to shabby paint and tyres deflating every fortnight !

These ones seem decent enough quality, but I don't have anything to compare it to and who knows if they will stand the test of time....

They also use tape and clips - but I got the impression that the tape does at least 95% of the job!

Here's the fitting instructions, so you can get an idea.

Sounds great about the wheels... another job added to my list :)

Attachments

• Xerox Scan_15072020190056.PDF
    199 KB · Views: 16
Yeah, I like those, just need a steady hand lining up with the tape, the clips give a lot more rigidity and peace of mind. They look deeper than I originally thought, which is great for sun, good ventilation and keeping the wet stuff out. People outside dont realise and always hit their head when leaning in to talk, hee hee.
The lj ones allow the window to be down about 50mm easily, without wind or rain entering, very little road noise too.
Wheels, yeah, I have the gear and was originally going to blast with crushed glass but the grade I have is too fine and not aggressive enough for the scabbiness and oxydation. Rather than buying another 25 kilo, grade of which I was uncertain required, I decided to go to wheel place and pay them £24 inc. Per wheel for acid strip and prepare x 5. Saves me the time,mess, sieving and clearing up after. One place quoted £48 + per wheel media blasted, suppose cos it's more labour intensive. I'd want them painted as well for that . Lol

Had a headlight go in the week so changed out both headlight bulbs for new ones.

Also noticed that my bullbar parking lights were both out. They are quite hard to get out and I broke a bit of the fitting off undoing the bulb holders.

Anyhow decided to replace them (just the parking lights) with LED ones so hopefully won't have to touch them for a long time. I repaired the fitting with this Loctite Kintsuglue stuff that's a bit like Sugru.

I think if they go again or either of the bullbar indicators go I'll have to look at replacing the whole fitting.

Some very light maintenance today. Two new wiper blades, new door puddle light bulb and a shot of moly grease into the front swivels. Also decided to put some slap on the old girl so, after a wash, treated her to a polish with some Turtle wax and finished with some Meguiars detailer which adds a layer of "Hybrid Si02 Ceramic" protection. No idea what that is but it shines like a new pin!

Back