Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

Not really maintenance as such, spent a hour or so fitting these I got for a good price on the bay to replace the old HID Hella's after one of the drive units failed. Just waiting for nightfall to aim the beams.

IMG_3997.jpeg

Servicing the rear locker actuator on my new 80 today! The rear locker light on the dash just flashes and it won’t engage. Seems like a common issue on them..

Tyre rotation on the non-cruiser car. And then greased the prop shaft on my cruiser. Also checked the transfer case oil, it has a very slight weep but seems OK.

Servicing and checking over my fall back go anywhere vehicle....
1943 International M5a1 Halftrack .... grease loads of grease points , check hundreds of track guide retaining bolts , touch up the odd rust spot because I took it on a charity tractor run in the winter in salty slushy road conditions , check diffs and transfer box oils . general spanner check... and fill one fuel tank with E5 .... probably about 80 litres given it's not empty.... It has 2 self sealing tanks but generally I only use one to stop fuel going off although at 5mpg we get through a bit ;-) . Then quick check of Mrs G's 1942 Dodge WC52 .

Not really maintenance as such, spent a hour or so fitting these I got for a good price on the bay to replace the old HID Hella's after one of the drive units failed. Just waiting for nightfall to aim the beams.

View attachment 331239

Seeing those beauties reminded me of the disappearance of the two Hella spot lights that once adorned the bull bar on my 70 series, nicked almost certainly by the usual suspects parked half a mile away (who must not be mentioned)...you have to be pretty desperate and/or low to need to unbolt some bod's spotlights.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back in the day when I had my Suzuki SJ, I fitted some Dick Cepeck Baja 8" driving lamps and came out one morning to find both fixing bolts loose and one lamp hanging off the bumper. I reckon the thief must have been disturbed and ran off. I refitted them and welded a nut on the end of the fixing bolts of both lamps. They could still be loosened for adjustment but removal would now require the welded nut cutting off.

I was planning to do the inner tie rod joints anyway, but just as well. The boots have perished and let a load of water in.
IMG_20230617_175159.jpg

LBJs looking a bit tired too.
IMG_20230617_130621.jpg

Part two of fixing the steering and suspension. Looking a lot tidier now. Just need to get an alignment booked in.
IMG_20230624_154643.jpg

5k oil change (toyota 5w30 semi synth), oem oil filter, oem air filter and AMC cabin filter.

Drained water separator, replaced lift pump and installed OEM fuel filter on the 60. Cracked injector pipes to bleed air out.
Took front wheels off to investigate a clanking noise when going over bumps but couldn’t find anything. It will have to go on the shaker at the mot place to see what they think.

I popped off the viscous fan clutch from my 1KZ-TE at the weekend to see how much oil was present. The fan is only about a year old, but when I opened it up, there wasn't a lot of oil to be seen, so I added some more for good measure.

Did 5K mile service. Did oil n filter change, fuel filter change, air filter change and mass airflow sensor cleaned.
Now I got used to doing this. Today completed all this in 2 hours.
It took more time to fit those factory underbody plates.
Not sure if I mentioned but finally my tech stream is working and I can see all data and historical error codes now.

Back