Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

will 94 engine computer work in 96 cruiser?

ejames82

Country Flag
united_states
hello,

in all fairness I will be unfront and let you know that I will also be posting this request on other great forums. any info worthy of sharing will be distributed to all forums I go to. all forums will benefit.

I have a 96 land cruiser, 80-series. a guy I know insists he has an engine computer that came out of a 94 land cruiser, 80-series. he wants $50 for the computer.

I don't NEED an engine computer for my cruiser. it runs great, but to have a spare at that price could never hurt.

I have some questions:

1. would this engine computer happen to be plug-and-play, meaning, just plug it in in place of the original with no programming needed, and obviously, work well?

2. would there be a problem with the year difference, his engine computer coming from a 94 and my cruiser being a 96?

3. would there be some other difference that would make it incompatible?

thanks.

The specification/part numbers will be marked on the ECU's. You could also type both VIN numbers in to toyodiy to see if the ECU part numbers are the same.

thanks for all replies and without a doubt the 94 ecu will not work. below is relevant (possibly helpful-not necessarily in this circumstance) info to be distributed to all forums as promised.

96 is OBDII and 94 is OBDI

no crank position sensor on the 93-94 trucks

The specification/part numbers will be marked on the ECU's. You could also type both VIN numbers in to toyodiy to see if the ECU part numbers are the same.

one runs an air flow meter and the other runs a MAF sensor. One has an O2 sensor and the other doesnt.

mark this thread as solved.

Back