Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Winch bumpers are allowed. (Well, from an insurance POV)

Crispin

Administrator
Staff member
Guru
Country Flag
great_britain
I just got off the phone with my insurance company (Chriss Nott) and asked about the bumper. He checked with the underwriter and there is not a problem with these.
I can fit a winch bumper, as well as winch, no addition to my premium and they ok with the fact that the Toyota bumper comes off.

Remember, it's not a bull bar. It's a winch bumper :D

Dude you are going to be very poor, VERY soon :lol:

High-jacking the thread slightly, do people ever hit any issues with lifts and their insurance co? (Do you even tell them?)

You SHOULD tell your insurer but... I recently renewed my insurance and checked with them about mods and they were ok with me adding mods in principle. I'll be fitting raised suspension shortly, so I'll be testing the principle soon enough :mrgreen:

I'm with Adrian Flux and all mods are listed, i have an Agreed Value policy as when my Defender was stolen they covered most items like bars but they said the bash plates were a wearing item! So this time everything is covered, legally they said no worries but then it is a bit older than the 120's.

They told me a while back "it makes a difference if it increases the BHP of the engine. That's all."
Not sure about other companies but the policy I have is a specific 4x4 policy. Greenlanes aside, they would cover me if I roll it at Lincomb (non-competitive, non-commercial). As it is a specific policy, they don't seem to mind any additions.

(not trying to start the greenlane is a road / insurance argument)

I should check who owns the parts if I write it off. If they do, will I get paid, if I do, can I salvage them before Rob goes "buys" my winch :twisted:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
All my mods are listed on my insurance, even the fridge frezzer in the back!!

Paul

I even declared the stickers on mine!!! The only problem was in trying to explain what some of the modifications actually were because they couldn't find a pick list with them in. SO I sent them a sheet with every mod listed and explained so that there were no arguments. No problems at all.

Adrian Flux. Very helpful. Covered for road, off road and green lane (no let's not start that) Just not competitive motor-sport.

Chris

Crispin said:
I should check who owns the parts if I write it off. If they do, will I get paid, if I do, can I salvage them before Rob goes "buys" my winch :twisted:
I am innocent, honnest :mrgreen:

Adrian flux did not charge for any change to my modifications, (new mods fitted during the policy, including the upcoming winch bumper and winch) but when i asked them about fitting a new intercooler they wanted £170 to cover me for the rest of the year :shock: (thats 11 months) I guess its cos im still a 'young driver'. I wont be fitting that in a hurry.

Rob said:
Crispin said:
I am innocent, honnest :mrgreen:

Adrian flux did not charge for any change to my modifications, (new mods fitted during the policy, including the upcoming winch bumper and winch) but when i asked them about fitting a new intercooler they wanted £170 to cover me for the rest of the year :shock: (thats 11 months) I guess its cos im still a 'young driver'. I wont be fitting that in a hurry.

They use to charge £25 a time for adding mods, so if I was you I would check!!

I saved £75 on mine this year, even changing the agreed value to £8000 :shock: Well the price of them has gone up :lol:

Just one thing to add for those who are with Adrian Flux and belong to a 4x4 response team, you should be able to get a further discount for being a 4x4 response member check with the 4x4 response web site. You will have to tell your insurer that you are a member any ways.

Steve

BlackWidow said:
Just one thing to add for those who are with Adrian Flux and belong to a 4x4 response team, you should be able to get a further discount for being a 4x4 response member check with the 4x4 response web site. You will have to tell your insurer that you are a member any ways.

Steve

I had previously told them I was a member. Today he said to me "Will this be used for the 4x4 response?" I said probably not, it'll be mostly for my own use. "Oh, ok then."

Did not know about the discount thing. I'll check with Chriss Knott.

Rob - Does not surprise me about the intercooler. It would increase the output which would make you super dangerous (in their eyes)

Back