Winch bumpers are allowed. (Well, from an insurance POV)

Crispin

Administrator
Staff member
Guru
I am in great_britain
Feb 24, 2010
5,970
576
113
springs, gauteng
I just got off the phone with my insurance company (Chriss Nott) and asked about the bumper. He checked with the underwriter and there is not a problem with these.
I can fit a winch bumper, as well as winch, no addition to my premium and they ok with the fact that the Toyota bumper comes off.

Remember, it's not a bull bar. It's a winch bumper :D
 

Andrew Prince

Well-Known Member
Feb 23, 2010
2,232
13
38
Joburg, sunny South Africa
You SHOULD tell your insurer but... I recently renewed my insurance and checked with them about mods and they were ok with me adding mods in principle. I'll be fitting raised suspension shortly, so I'll be testing the principle soon enough :mrgreen:
 
Don't like the adverts? Remove them by becoming a supporting member.   Click here

Paul

Well-Known Member
I am in england
Mar 1, 2010
2,465
42
48
Southampton
Garage
I'm with Adrian Flux and all mods are listed, i have an Agreed Value policy as when my Defender was stolen they covered most items like bars but they said the bash plates were a wearing item! So this time everything is covered, legally they said no worries but then it is a bit older than the 120's.
 

Crispin

Administrator
Staff member
Guru
I am in great_britain
Feb 24, 2010
5,970
576
113
springs, gauteng
They told me a while back "it makes a difference if it increases the BHP of the engine. That's all."
Not sure about other companies but the policy I have is a specific 4x4 policy. Greenlanes aside, they would cover me if I roll it at Lincomb (non-competitive, non-commercial). As it is a specific policy, they don't seem to mind any additions.

(not trying to start the greenlane is a road / insurance argument)

I should check who owns the parts if I write it off. If they do, will I get paid, if I do, can I salvage them before Rob goes "buys" my winch :twisted:
 

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
I am in europe
Feb 24, 2010
17,170
3,937
113
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Garage
I even declared the stickers on mine!!! The only problem was in trying to explain what some of the modifications actually were because they couldn't find a pick list with them in. SO I sent them a sheet with every mod listed and explained so that there were no arguments. No problems at all.

Adrian Flux. Very helpful. Covered for road, off road and green lane (no let's not start that) Just not competitive motor-sport.

Chris
 

Rob

Well-Known Member
Mar 1, 2010
3,019
16
38
Bristol
Garage
Crispin said:
I should check who owns the parts if I write it off. If they do, will I get paid, if I do, can I salvage them before Rob goes "buys" my winch :twisted:
I am innocent, honnest :mrgreen:

Adrian flux did not charge for any change to my modifications, (new mods fitted during the policy, including the upcoming winch bumper and winch) but when i asked them about fitting a new intercooler they wanted £170 to cover me for the rest of the year :shock: (thats 11 months) I guess its cos im still a 'young driver'. I wont be fitting that in a hurry.
 

Paul_Humphreys

Well-Known Member
Supporter
I am in uk
Mar 1, 2010
1,301
3
38
Oswestry, Shropshire.
Rob said:
Crispin said:
I should check who owns the parts if I write it off. If they do, will I get paid, if I do, can I salvage them before Rob goes "buys" my winch :twisted:
I am innocent, honnest :mrgreen:

Adrian flux did not charge for any change to my modifications, (new mods fitted during the policy, including the upcoming winch bumper and winch) but when i asked them about fitting a new intercooler they wanted £170 to cover me for the rest of the year :shock: (thats 11 months) I guess its cos im still a 'young driver'. I wont be fitting that in a hurry.

They use to charge £25 a time for adding mods, so if I was you I would check!!

I saved £75 on mine this year, even changing the agreed value to £8000 :shock: Well the price of them has gone up :lol:
 

BlackWidow

Well-Known Member
Mar 2, 2010
315
0
36
Gillingham (Dorset)
Garage
Just one thing to add for those who are with Adrian Flux and belong to a 4x4 response team, you should be able to get a further discount for being a 4x4 response member check with the 4x4 response web site. You will have to tell your insurer that you are a member any ways.

Steve
 

Crispin

Administrator
Staff member
Guru
I am in great_britain
Feb 24, 2010
5,970
576
113
springs, gauteng
BlackWidow said:
Just one thing to add for those who are with Adrian Flux and belong to a 4x4 response team, you should be able to get a further discount for being a 4x4 response member check with the 4x4 response web site. You will have to tell your insurer that you are a member any ways.

Steve

I had previously told them I was a member. Today he said to me "Will this be used for the 4x4 response?" I said probably not, it'll be mostly for my own use. "Oh, ok then."

Did not know about the discount thing. I'll check with Chriss Knott.

Rob - Does not surprise me about the intercooler. It would increase the output which would make you super dangerous (in their eyes)
 
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks