Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Winch options

Howmanygoes

Country Flag
england
So I did a thing, and bought an Ironman front bumper (BBCD006) for my 100 and am now looking at winches.

I have the following on my short list but open to other suggestions. Prefer synthetic.

Warn VR evo 10s
Superwinch Exp 10SR
Terrafirma 12000
Smittybilt x2o 10k synthetic.

Cheers

Goodwinch worth a look

Cheers David. Had a look at their website and struggling to understand it to be honest.

Goodwinch are very good. Mine was like 4 years old and had a issue. Phoned up and they sent me most of the innards to fix. All foc.

What did you want to know

@stumog

Bow motor 2 its another 200 but what does it do?
No IP rating on specification
Can you clock the clutch
Is the solenoid pack relocatable, if so do you need an extra pack to do so.

Winchmax do a good range with synthetic rope and UK based with wander lead and remote controller had mine for four years plus used mainly for dragging trees up and out of the woods and other general abuse worth giving them a call because they do actually talk to you

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I bought a Tiger Shark winch i don't know how many years ago and haven't used it since i tested it , trucks been parked up rotting away for at least 3 years maybe 4 and the last time i looked there was green mould growing on the rope but i didn't notice any rust .

The Aussies like the Runnva. Goldfish TDS (Goodwinch) have always been good. My Come Up has pulled well over the years and I'd never touch another Warn.

Just thought i might have give it a once over with a rattlecan of Krown which might be worthwhile winch maintenance .

@stumog

Bow motor 2 its another 200 but what does it do?
No IP rating on specification
Can you clock the clutch
Is the solenoid pack relocatable, if so do you need an extra pack to do so.
Bow motor 2 is a higher hp so makes the winch faster and have more power. The clutch can be moved like they can. You can move the solenoid pack as long as you rewire and dont buy the bridge version.

I would suggest that you call them and discuss instead of my word.

Another vote for Goodwinch. The TDS one already fitted to my 81 wasn't working when I bought it, a new solenoid sorted it and it's been doing fine since.

I'm a fan of plasma/dyneema rope - but make sure you get the right fairlead to go with it and make sure you run it out and rewind semi-regularly otherwise it'll get sun damaged in one place (and its good for the winch motor anyway).

If you want to run synthetic (Dyneema) rope then look for a winch with an external brake. (Prevents heat issues with the rope) also consider buying a winch without rope or with wire and buying the dyneema separately it can be more cost effective.

Back