Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Window rubber grease

When i changed my motor and mech, not only were the gears shot on the motor but the rollers and pivots on the mech were too. On my new genuine one the rollers had been replaced with sliders..

Sliders sound much better CG.
Will see how much Cruiserworld want first. May be back for advice on electrics uf needed. Thanks fellas

Don't forget a 24v system will charge batteries at close to 30v so more like 2.8-3 ohms.

Why over rated Rich?
This just sparked another question but I will start a new thread for it

They're rated at 100w when the motors use 60. Overating can be a good thing in electrical circuits, runs cooler etc. Certainly better than under rating! Bit like using an overrated recovery rope etc rather than one which will 'just about' do.

Sorry Ben, electrically over rated as TP has said, not that loads of people love them but they're not that good.

:)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I think it's that the rubber relaxes below the glass when the weather is warm and hardens in the cold, so the window glass struggles to push the sides apart as it goes down.
Just as you mention that i did pry the rubbers apart while i was in there as they looked far to close. Prob helped my case also

Just as you mention that i did pry the rubbers apart while i was in there as they looked far to close. Prob helped my case also
They should flex easily. New ones do when you can hold the old ones out horizontal. Grease looks good though, made for the job. I might try some silicone grease I already have.

Which grease for the rubbers works best lads..

Thanks
Graphite may be of some interest in the rubber tracks, non stick / non attractant of dust etc and very slippery. Comes in a small puff bottle.

Back