Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Windows tinted

20160527_124427.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I like the colour coded bumpers. Need to add those to my list. I think the GX without all the plastic somehow looks more honest

Agreed. You're based in Spain aren't you? I was in northern Spain recently and the vast majority of the LC90s I saw on the road were non-wheelarch flare models. Here in the UK they're pretty rare, which is a shame. I guess Toyota wanted to present something fancier looking than a Discovery at the time for the UK market.

I'm down in the south in Malaga. There's a lot of VX here but then a lot of basic models. I know that mine spent it's first 3 years going on dessert trips to Morocco, it was fitted with a winch from new, but no other factory extras. It did have a cb radio fitted, after market.
The second owner had it 12 years, using it as a second car. It's only got 140,000kms now, which is only about 80,000 miles with a stack of maintenance history.

I think people either buy to show off, or buy a basic model because they are going to use it for its intended purpose. Why would you buy a top of the range model with leather and body kit to go to Morocco?

One day I will take a show off picture of the underside for the UK people! I can remember many a time lying on the drive, in a puddle, welding one of my land rovers!

I've often thought of a dark tint for my rear windows, not so much for the look of the truck (although they do look cool) but more because it's always so untidy in the back, it's embarrassing! :lol: :whistle:

One day I will take a show off picture of the underside for the UK people! I can remember many a time lying on the drive, in a puddle, welding one of my land rovers!

You shouldn't weld the underside of a landrover or else how on earth is the rain gonna get out :icon-wink:

When I was 17, got stopped by the police for driving (in a series 1 LR) with windscreen wiper not working. It didn't make a difference, as I had the hardtop and doors off. I folded the windscreen down and was allowed to carry on. You only had to have wipers if you had a windscreen... lol.
The rain got in that day​

When I was 17, got stopped by the police for driving (in a series 1 LR) with windscreen wiper not working. It didn't make a difference, as I had the hardtop and doors off. I folded the windscreen down and was allowed to carry on. You only had to have wipers if you had a windscreen... lol.
The rain got in that day​

Yeah but it got in only a bit more with the top off and screen down. :)

Back