Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wiper Blades

cmcmill01

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
Quick question, for the 80 are the wiper blades meant to be 450mm or 500mm long, measured mine and they look like 20", but all the websites spec an 18" or 450mm??
Cheers
Craig

Can't help with size but i will say genuine Toyota wipers are worth at least double the price of the junk you get from motor factors or ebay .

Or halfords !

Last edited:
heh, I have a 5 year old set of GoodYear wiper blades from cosco, they still work very well but I could not tell you how long they are.

Maybe i was just unlucky but i did start thinking i needed my windscreen polished before i got mr T wipers .

Roughtrax seem to think 18" up to 1992 and 20" thereafter ?

I think the OEM wipers are 18" IIRC but 19" or even 20" ones will fit - I'm sure I have fitted 20" ones to my 90 and they just about sweep inside the glass area (I'm sure the windscreen of a 80 is very similar in size).

IMHO the newer aero or "flat" type wipers are much, much better than the old style OEM ones - YMMV.

Mine are 20" front and 16" rear, all bought from Aldi and they're as good as anything ales I've come across. I've also just done the front and rear screen with Rocket Butter Rain Rebel glass 'sealer' which seems to have made the wipers' job much easier.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Cheers Folks, went for the 20" in the end, strange that every wiper blade website lists them as 18"

Back