work light

kingtom

Supporter
I am in uk
Nov 22, 2014
Exeter
Can anyone recommend a spotlight/work light for the rear of the truck that wont break the bank. Been looking online and some seem to be mega bucks though others are fairly reasonable.

Gary Stockton

Super Moderator
Supporter
I am in zimbabwe
Sep 10, 2012
Edinburgh
Garage
I made one up using an 18watt sealed LED unit from flea bay, some 20mm box section and a switch from Halfords. Total cost less than £30 I guess

Don't like the adverts? Remove them by becoming a supporting member.   Click here

Towpack

Supporter
I am in england
Oct 4, 2011
UK
Garage

Shayne

Supporter
Guru
Feb 2, 2013
South Wales UK
There's so many similar looking lights out there nowadays its hard to know whats good and whats not , Lightforce are great but not cheap , might be worth searching ebay for a used one though .

kingtom

Supporter
I am in uk
Nov 22, 2014
Exeter
Well ive just bought a 16 led waterproof work lamp with over 3000 lumin off ebay for only £10 so ill give that ago. as its just a work lamp for the back it doesnt need to be anything super. W'll see how long it lasts

Gary Stockton

Super Moderator
Supporter
I am in zimbabwe
Sep 10, 2012
Edinburgh
Garage
They're sealed with a decent heat sink and made from aluminium so barring a oops will last for ages. Do you have a link to what you got - I need to build a new one for the 80.

Shayne

Supporter
Guru
Feb 2, 2013
South Wales UK
Oh Steve why do you tempt her so , i will be in suspense until next weeks write up on how she broke it :lol:

froggy Steve

Supporter
I am in europe
Jul 26, 2012
Dordogne, SW France
lol, we are safe - her arm is in a sling, and she is not allowed to move it for at least 3 weeks = no driving! I had the pleasure of washing her, and doing her hair this morning and the worst job ever......clipping her toe nails! Disgusting!!!!!!

kingtom

Supporter
I am in uk
Nov 22, 2014
Exeter
The new work light made from ebay bits and random boat parts found in the shed. Pole is stainless and telescopic. Just waiting on some fittings to attach to the rear TJM wheel carrier

Attachments

kingtom

Supporter
I am in uk
Nov 22, 2014
Exeter
Think i got it from a boat jumble years ago. Had a navigation light on originally. Suited to the job and pretty heavy duty

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks