Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

work light

kingtom

Country Flag
uk
Can anyone recommend a spotlight/work light for the rear of the truck that wont break the bank. Been looking online and some seem to be mega bucks though others are fairly reasonable.

I made one up using an 18watt sealed LED unit from flea bay, some 20mm box section and a switch from Halfords. Total cost less than £30 I guess

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yep thats exactly what I am looking at doing thanks

There's so many similar looking lights out there nowadays its hard to know whats good and whats not , Lightforce are great but not cheap , might be worth searching ebay for a used one though .

Well ive just bought a 16 led waterproof work lamp with over 3000 lumin off ebay for only £10 so ill give that ago. as its just a work lamp for the back it doesnt need to be anything super. W'll see how long it lasts

They're sealed with a decent heat sink and made from aluminium so barring a oops will last for ages. Do you have a link to what you got - I need to build a new one for the 80.

201283821731 this is the ebay item number for 1 thats exactly the same

I have had one attached to the back of the roof rack for over a year and its still OK. Even the misses hasnt broken it yet! :)

Oh Steve why do you tempt her so , i will be in suspense until next weeks write up on how she broke it :lol:

lol, we are safe - her arm is in a sling, and she is not allowed to move it for at least 3 weeks = no driving! I had the pleasure of washing her, and doing her hair this morning and the worst job ever......clipping her toe nails! Disgusting!!!!!!

The new work light made from ebay bits and random boat parts found in the shed. Pole is stainless and telescopic. Just waiting on some fittings to attach to the rear TJM wheel carrier

Attachments

• DSCN1136.JPG
    DSCN1136.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 227
  • DSCN1137.JPG
    DSCN1137.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 215
ooh i like that - i want something like that pole - did you get that at a marine chandlers?

Think i got it from a boat jumble years ago. Had a navigation light on originally. Suited to the job and pretty heavy duty

The finished article

Attachments

• DSCN1142.JPG
    DSCN1142.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 212
  • DSCN1141.JPG
    DSCN1141.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 267
  • DSCN1143.JPG
    DSCN1143.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 200
Back