Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Would you surrender?

This is best option. Switch off news, as we as common citizens can’t make any difference to what’s happening on the ground far away from us or have any impact on what Bojo or Biden does. Millions of common citizens protested against war but Blair n Bush decided n went for it but bill is handed to us. It’s all govt spend n common citizens pay for it
I agree with the general sentiment but a).this is not so far away from us...and b).we can make a difference - politicians cannot simply ignore the weight of public opinion for long. See what is happening across the European continent and US. For example the SWIFT banking changes in Germany were pretty much due to that, where previously the government had tried to avoid/delay that.

Didn't our very own Foreign Secretary say she'd support any British citizens going out to Ukraine to fight on their side?
(So apart from the fact that to do so has been illegal for around 150 years and you'd probably end up in jail), you might say we're actually being encouraged to get involved.
:think:

Ah, Liz Truss, Putin said it was she that caused him to raise the nuclear readiness.
Can't wait to get fried by an Atom bomb, it will kill my prostate cancer. Everything else has failed.

Oh Liz, I heard her name few days ago n thought she is BBC reporter. :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
75% of Russia's military are inside the Ukraine .

So better late than never why don't NATO step in to secure the Ukraine's borders . Essentially a peacekeeping mission within the boundaries of international law and with the supply chain cut peace talks might take a very different tone .

As someone who never watches television nor reads or listens to any form of mainstream media, my input to this is the old saying, to paraphrase, that the first casualty of war is the truth.

My personal view is there is far more to this than meets the eye or what people are being told are the reasons and actions currently happening by the owned medias.
What i am certain of is that if the 2020 US election hadn't been fraudulent and the 45th President was also the 46th, then this would not have happened.

Russia has been the alleged bogeyman for decades, long after the USSR ceased to be, there have been mistakes and deliberate falsehoods from the west as well as Russia.
The whole bloody thing is surreal, Germany imports vast amounts of its energy from Russia, if Russia is such an enemy of the west why is this the case.
Russia has not been the west's enemy since the fall of the Soviet Union, they should have been made welcome into the world's fold instead of being cast as the dangerous system that went before, what has happened is so unecessary.

The USA is run by a senile fool, or rather a senile fool is wheeled out every now and then to mumble incoherent rhetoric those who are actually running things to suit themselves want him to say, Russia as well as the rest of the world looked on with a mixture of disbelief and laughter as the Biden administration systematically destroyed the USA's military reputation in the eyes of the world, incredibly leaving some $80billion worth of equipment behind for the supposed enemy in that hysterical botched surrender to the Taliban, not wonder Putin and China feel this is the ideal time to do make whatever moves they wish to consolidate their positions as the 2nd and 3rd major powers of the modern world, if whoever's pulling Biden's strings manages to pull off the next election in 2024 they'll be the 1st and 2nd superpowers.

The west, mainly the USA and the EU over the last 20 years and more pushed and pushed Russia and they must take a great share of responsibility for what is happening, this isn't just Putin in the wrong here.
I hope it doesn't escalate further, and that an agreement can be reached between Ukraine and Russia, preferably without the arious vested interests outisde of those two countries sticking their ugly noses in.

Will we see China invade Taiwan next, funny how the west has kissed the Chinese arse for years at the same as treating Russia as a pariah, again if they are going to do it, they'll do whilst the USA is being run by the muppet show.

Yes I think Russia is feeling more and more isolated but if Ukraine is in fact a democracy it is wrong for Putin to invade. We only get the news our leaders want to tell us so it might not be the whole truth. I do have mostly confidence in what we are told. I believe Putin killed his deserter with Polonium and another attempted with Novichok.
Biden comes over as senile but he has a stuttering problem which he has to overcome.
I see Russians in their streets against the war. I take it this is accurate. I think Putin has signed his own death warrant and his "friends" will get rid of him.

A perfect example of media spin , the unpredictable bull in a china shop used exactly that to steer things his way , whereas the senile bloke just does what he's told .

Best summary of it all i may have read on here "if Trump walked on water then headlines the following day would read "Trump can't swim"

History shows the poorest American President only had an income 10 times greater than the average Joe .

We only get the news our leaders want to tell us

Maybe this used to be the case but I don't think it is anymore.

Just look over the last few weeks - plenty of stuff came out that Bodger did not want to come out.

Also theres so many investigative journalists on the ground now all looking for stories and looking into everything - I honestly thing its difficult to keep things quiet.

CNN have had some excellent coverage of Ukraine, which doesn't surprise me.

Aren't they supposed to come together if someone attacks one of the members? And no one is doing that.

Back