Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Would you surrender?

Getting scary now because i'm inclined to think the senile emperor with no clothes is itching to prove he's tough . And all the rest will mumble some non committal disagreement with his grand plan while at the same time accepting somebody has to do something and it won't be them .

What could possibly go wrong :doh:

The man's gone totally batsh1t crazy!

When he first came to power he seemed like the typical sly fox, that you'd expect from an ex-KGB officer. 20 years of dictatorship seemed to have softened his brain....it's a precarious situation.

Almost hard to imagine - it was brought home to me by a colleague, whos (Ukrainian) wife is currently over there visiting her mother, describing driving past lines of tanks trying to get to the airport!

chapel gate....nail on head .
While they eyes of the world are in one direction........ it's almost like they planned it .
For me the analogy that best sums up the current situation is -
Putin is playing chess like a grand master ....the EU and the rest are playing draughts at best .
Don't forget the government will be raking in loads of extra tax as we all struggle to pay for our fuel.... win win for them

If history is to repeat itself then appeasement will encourage war . What is universally accepted as insanity ended that one .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
chapel gate....nail on head .
While they eyes of the world are in one direction........ it's almost like they planned it .
For me the analogy that best sums up the current situation is -
Putin is playing chess like a grand master ....the EU and the rest are playing draughts at best .
Don't forget the government will be raking in loads of extra tax as we all struggle to pay for our fuel.... win win for them
yes, its no accident they waited for the winter games to end.

the west has made itself weak. history in general repeats itself, yet we never learn.

defence cuts, unable to secure our own borders, leftism, wokeism, most of our goods made in china, russia supplying gas to europe whilst germany shut down perfectly good nuclear power stations. the west is also dependent on russia for a lot of rare earth elements.

we must seem like a joke to them, they cant believe there luck..

lets air drop BLM and extinction rebellion in, i think there inner rage will soon fizzle out.

I tell Avenger stories to my kid every night. She doesn’t agree to change characters. Thanos can’t be good guy n good guys always the same ones. After many nights, she became one character in the story and made friendship with Thanos. How?? Just an apology from both sides and give all other planets to Thanos n keep earth and all war stories ended in peace. Wish grownups affairs were that simple.

It all sounds like repeating kids super hero stories. Like past wars, momentum is built, perfect story is created, media creates a bad guy, good guys go as a pack n attack. Media then feeds on the situation more. Who controls whom is unknown.
After all is over, couple of years later, faint voices raise here n there ‘that war was wrong’ ‘May be it would be better if it was left alone’
Like in all the previous stories, this time also the good guy is the same Uncle Sam.
I left watching tv n media many years ago but m sure they might ve re used the same old stories.

I didn't know much about Ukraine, other than it was big, next to Russia and Chernobyl was there.

Apparently....

In terms of resources:
1st in Europe in proven recoverable reserves of uranium ores
2nd place in Europe and 10th place in the world in terms of titanium ore reserves
2nd place in the world in terms of explored reserves of manganese ores (2.3 billion tons, or 12% of the world's reserves)
2nd largest iron ore reserves in the world (30 billion tons)
2nd place in Europe in terms of mercury ore reserves
3rd place in Europe (13th place in the world) in shale gas reserves (22 trillion cubic meters)
4th in the world by the total value of natural resources
7th place in the world in coal reserves (33.9 billion tons)
Ukraine is an important agricultural country:
1st in Europe in terms of arable land area
3rd place in the world by the area of black soil (25% of world's volume)
1st place in the world in exports of sunflower and sunflower oil
2nd place in the world in barley production and 4th place in barley exports
3rd largest producer and 4th largest exporter of corn in the world
4th largest producer of potatoes in the world
5th largest rye producer in the world
5th place in the world in bee production (75,000 tons)
8th place in the world in wheat exports
9th place in the world in the production of chicken eggs
16th place in the world in cheese exports
Ukraine can meet the food needs of 600 million people.
Ukraine is an important industrialized country:
1st in Europe in ammonia production
Europe's 2nd’s and the world’s 4th largest natural gas pipeline system
3rd largest in Europe and 8th largest in the world in terms of installed capacity of nuclear power plants;l
3rd place in Europe and 11th in the world in terms of rail network length (21,700 km)
3rd place in the world (after the U.S. and France) in production of locators and locating equipment
3rd largest iron exporter in the world
4th largest exporter of turbines for nuclear power plants in the world
4th world's largest manufacturer of rocket launchers
4th place in the world in clay exports
4th place in the world in titanium exports
8th place in the world in exports of ores and concentrates
9th place in the world in exports of defence industry products
10th largest steel producer in the world (32.4 million tons)...

Christ! No wonder Putins Interested... I might Invade it myself, Even if it's just for the Cheese :thumbup:

@chadr also, home to some good friends.

A few years ago I was fortunate to do a long range drive trip to go see them. Spent 9 days exploring the countryside and then a few days in Kyiv.

In some ways these guys are lucky in that they live in an area of low strategic value, small town. But they are also unlucky in that they are a low priority area and they are right by one of the crossings over dnieper.

At this point I think the best possible outcome for everyone will be that it's all over soon.

Sanctions have been accepted as of no concern so talking is not going to achieve anything now . Only way i can see to upset Putin's plans is to bomb Russia itself .

Will Europe and the US let him get away with His Threat the other day?.. The one where he stated that "Anyone interfering will be met with consequences never before seen in their History"..... That clearly is a statement from a man who is Hell bent on Global domination whatever the cost.. I dont normally concern myself with Wars around the world, But for some reason this one has a different edge about it.... I wish the rest of the World had the Balls to meet him head on or at least give him a taste of his own medicine, ie our own dodgy Brolly method... His own people were demonstrating against the War outside the Kremlin, So he just sends his Henchmen in to rough 'em' up a bit.... He doesn't care about his own people never mind the rest of the World..... I hope someone somewhere has a plan for Him.

Last edited:
Had they made Hitler dead when he invaded Poland WW2 might have been averted .

Trouble is NATO and Russia are both nuclear powers. If we go head to head with Russia directly it will be "MAD" = Mutually Assured Destruction. I hope he stops at the NATO border or we are all toast.

I would not be surprised if there was a power struggle inside the Kremlin. There must be a lot of his friends who do not like what he is doing. Just takes 1 bullet. And remember Hitler suffered injury when an attempted assassination failed.

If there is nuclear war all life on earth will die due to dust blocking out the sun for months. Called the "Nuclear Winter".

Nukes are suicide , its them rather than diplomacy that has prevented WW3 to date .

Murder for financial gain is illegal globally . The death penalty is legal in America .

There's a course of action which might be met with unanimous agreement quickly . One the chess players certainly didn't predict .

Last edited:
Russia (Putin) have been doing whatever they want, wherever they want, whenever they want for ages.

Poison tipped umbrellas, laced tea and sightseeing trips to (Salisbury) cathedral come to mind.... that's just the blatant stuff in the UK. God only know the influence and power that all their (dirty) money must be buying behind the scenes.

Half of London's prime properties are apparently owned by Holding companies with links to Russia... that's probably the tip of the iceberg.

Back