Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

WTB: Awning + Side Walls & Gas Bottle/Jerry Can Holders

Jacob100

Supporter
Trying my luck again for a few bits for winter. This time I’m after a mounted awning that’s either complete with side walls or compatible with readily available ones. The bigger the better but open to all offers.

Also in need of a gas bottle holder and jerry can holder that I can get to work with a Front Runner rack.

Will travel for the right stuff or can arrange DHL pickup.

Thanks

J

Jerry I have as frontrunner gas bottle holder. What size you after?

Jacob, have a look at the ARB awning room. It comes in all the sizes to fit with the available awnings and is compatible with pretty much all of them. Loose sides are a bit rubbish normally as they don't seal. The ARB room is one piece and is so easy to set up it's worth having. Just be careful on awning sizes. They can be 2000x2000, 2000x2500, 2500x2000 or 2500x2500. I have an awning that I'd probably let go but can't recall the size just now. It actually has a downstairs room like the ARB but I can't tell you much more as it's never been used! I can get some more info this weekend if it's any interest. Doubtless the awning will have a few marks on it but if you buy new, it won't look new for long. Trust me

Here's the ARB room. Their side panel set does zip together so it says.
https://www.flatdoguk.com/arb-awning-room-with-floor-2000-x-2500~1334

Thanks for that Chris. Would definitely be interested in coming down and having a look at it. Not worried about a few scars.

I’ve pretty much narrowed the search down to ARB but I always like to see what’s out there before I buy new.

I’m watching a set of loose ARB side walls on eBay. The full room would obviously be the ideal option but this setup is only for shelter and storage, not sleeping in so I was thinking about sacrificing the floor if I get a good deal.

No problem. Of course if you get the walls you then have to get the right sized awning to go with them which limits you a bit. The full room is great if you are somewhere with lots of flies and mozzies etc. You can sit in it and shut them out.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
No problem. Of course if you get the walls you then have to get the right sized awning to go with them which limits you a bit. The full room is great if you are somewhere with lots of flies and mozzies etc. You can sit in it and shut them out.

Good point. I also like the way the full room lines up with the rear door and the side of the vehicle. I’ll hold fire until you’ve had a chance to dig yours out. Thanks again.

Jacob a question for you now having seen your bloody excellent setup at the overland show and to be very clear about this what you and your very nice family have made a lot of us jealous as well as the tourists that had seen it so now you want an awning as well my thinking being is that you will have to set this lot up in mums garden and you should be able to visit most of yorkshire in the dry :smile: and talking of dry have you managed to get all the canvas dried out yet and let us know how you get on with the service and repair you talked about one of the rainy nights good luck with your hunt to purchase more campsite land without anybody noticing

No probs. I'll get back to you asap. I've sold some bike bits this week so I have to go up to the unit. I have 2 awnings that I know of and at least one roof rack. But every time I go up there I find something else I'd forgotten about. I'll take my tape measure and camera

I had to go up to the unit to get some bits so I looked at the awnings. Not sure it's what you want.

There is a little used 1800 x 2000 awning in good condition with a complete downstairs room. annoyingly, I got it dirty getting it out to look at it. other than that, it's never been out of the bag! It has full sides with door, windows and access to vehicle plus it has a zip in groundsheet. Not sure of the benefits of that other than you can choose to have it or not. It makes it easier to chuck the other bit in the washer I suppose. Everything is there to connect it to the awning. There's a zip bit that slides in to attach to the outer end and the other slides into the awning back plate. The top and sides all then clip on to the poles. It's pretty good but 1800 x 2000 which might not suite your build. It would be brilliant for a SWB Collie maybe. If I didn't sell it, I'd be tempted to stick it on the Hilux to be honest. Couple of camp beds in the and I'd be sorted.Screen Shot 2018-10-17 at 17.21.01.jpg Screen Shot 2018-10-17 at 17.21.13.jpg Screen Shot 2018-10-17 at 17.21.25.jpg Screen Shot 2018-10-17 at 17.21.45.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-10-17 at 17.20.45.jpg

The other awning was a bit harder to get to but is a Terrain 2000x2000 standard affair. Been used but still serviceable. No room with that but the ARB 2mx2m room would fit. Both are a bit musty but not nibbled by mice!

Jacob a question for you now having seen your bloody excellent setup at the overland show and to be very clear about this what you and your very nice family have made a lot of us jealous as well as the tourists that had seen it so now you want an awning as well my thinking being is that you will have to set this lot up in mums garden and you should be able to visit most of yorkshire in the dry :smile: and talking of dry have you managed to get all the canvas dried out yet and let us know how you get on with the service and repair you talked about one of the rainy nights good luck with your hunt to purchase more campsite land without anybody noticing

Ha - it’s the other way around Steve. We’re streamlining for the colder months. Just got back from a test run to Scotland - will try to get some pictures up!

I had to go up to the unit to get some bits so I looked at the awnings. Not sure it's what you want.

There is a little used 1800 x 2000 awning in good condition with a complete downstairs room. annoyingly, I got it dirty getting it out to look at it. other than that, it's never been out of the bag! It has full sides with door, windows and access to vehicle plus it has a zip in groundsheet. Not sure of the benefits of that other than you can choose to have it or not. It makes it easier to chuck the other bit in the washer I suppose. Everything is there to connect it to the awning. There's a zip bit that slides in to attach to the outer end and the other slides into the awning back plate. The top and sides all then clip on to the poles. It's pretty good but 1800 x 2000 which might not suite your build. It would be brilliant for a SWB Collie maybe. If I didn't sell it, I'd be tempted to stick it on the Hilux to be honest. Couple of camp beds in the and I'd be sorted.View attachment 150400 View attachment 150401 View attachment 150402 View attachment 150403

View attachment 150399

The other awning was a bit harder to get to but is a Terrain 2000x2000 standard affair. Been used but still serviceable. No room with that but the ARB 2mx2m room would fit. Both are a bit musty but not nibbled by mice!

That looks about right. I’ll send you a PM tonight. Cheers.

just sold a batwing/hawlwing 270 deg's with all the sides for £500 and i only use it once

Awning and room sorted (thanks Chris) but still interested in ANY roof rack bits that can help save some space inside the car.

Back