Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

www.4x4travelshow.co.uk

Cossack said:
For us southeners the junction of the M40 and M25 might be a good rendevous point? :thumbup:
Ah I see what you are saying :think: The obviouse route for us Essex boys would be M25 / M1 but I'm happy to meet up @ the M40 if this suits the majority, it's only an additional 17min & 20miles for me :D

Trevor said:
Beaconsfield Services just off M40 would make for a good point to meet?

Anyone want to suggest a time for meeting?
OK looks good http://motorwayservicesonline.co.uk/ (post code HP9 2SE) plenty of parking, Maccy Dees, KFC, Starbucks & bogs :thumbup: Looks as though if we want to be @ the show in plenty of time for the doors opening @ 9:30 then we need to be leaving Beaconsfield Services by 7:30ish (maybe a little earlier) :) If this is sounding good then get there @ whatever time suits you from a quick pizz to a full sit down fry up :D

Does this sound correct :?: I've just used Google maps that tells me Beaconsfield Services is 1hr 37min from the Overland Show venue :)

:thumbup: Beaconsfield services, M40 J2 sounds the ideal place :cool: what sort of time to meet up?

I think I will have missed you all, I'm not leaving Redhill until 10-00am (would be a bit rude to cut away too early from our friends house), So I expect to get to the venue for around midday. That puts me at Beaconsfield around 10-30am.

M25/M1 works for me; driving to M40/M25 adds a further 45+ miles to a 75 mile trip :thumbdown:

See you at the show perhaps

Olazz said:
M25/M1 works for me; driving to M40/M25 adds a further 45+ miles to a 75 mile trip :thumbdown:

See you at the show perhaps
:? :? :? Where are you comeing from Olazz :?: :) The difference between meeting @ the M1 or the M40 for me is only 16 miles on the whole journey :!:

2hours 18min & 130miles via the M1

2hours 35min & 146miles via the M40

There's only a difference of +14min & +14.2miles for me to meet up with peeps @ the M40/M25 junction insted of the M1/M25 junction, so it makes no real odds to me I'm happy either way & will go with the majority :thumbup: :D

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That's why I suggested the diner, only 5 mins from the showground.

So where did we get with this then :?: :)

Who's going :?:

And are any of us meeting up on route to the venue for a CONVOY 'Rubber Duck' :D :?:

I've just realised that's the same date as an archery competition I'm in, so sorry but I won't be coming. :cry:

I'm going too, but it won't be untill after lunch, hope you've not all left by then ! I expect I'll see the LC parking lot in the car park :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nick.

BIG clean GREEN said:
I'm going too, but it won't be untill after lunch, hope you've not all left by then ! I expect I'll see the LC parking lot in the car park :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nick.
I plan on being there all day, although you'll have to have good eye sight to spot my Landcruiser as it'll be around 100 miles away!

There's no offroading to be done, no snow, no flooding and I don't plan on buying anything big. So for a 220 mile round trip I'm going to take my chances with the Vectra. :shhh: It runs on fumes! :cool: So more wedge to spend on toys!! :dance:

Cheers.

I will be there too!!

Coming up to milton keynes tomoro and then to the show on sunday

I guess there is no special ELCO parking so we just park as directed, ELCO and TLOC members one big happy family. :)

I'm going to dip out from going to this show tomorrow :(

The fact is that I've had a chippy in all last week fitting my stairs down into the main bathroom & bath pannels to the baths in the other bathrooms, door handles including mortic latches to six of my top floor doors & makeing under stair cupboard doors :!: All of which now need painting & fetling before his return on Monday, not to mention the list of gear he has given me to get from Wicks, B&Q, ScrewFix..............or the fact that it looks as though someone has been using a wood chipper throughout the house :roll:

Oh well roll on the Indoor show, maybe a chance to use my new tent :thumbup:

Have a good'un those of you who are going :) Get plenty of pics & don't spend to much :D ;)

I've just got back from the show, "what a disappointment" is all I can say, I'm glad I was taking my son back to Rugby which was only 15 miles away otherwise it'd have been a waste of an 160 mile round trip, I saw a few cruisers in the car park and one guy I reccognised from Lincomb last year but because he didn't have his avatar on his T shirt I can't recall his name, I think he's an Oz or Kiwi but could even have been a Saffa based on the majority of members :lol: , but he was deep in conversation so didn't want to interupt, as expected it was heavily leaning toward the Solihull specials !

Nick.

Yep have to agree, very poor show indeed. Took 20 mins to walk round and nothing much to see.

I had to collect some stuff from ABP trading purchased in December so wasn't complete waste of time.

Did manage to meet Marius DK and his cruiser and his camera though!.

Agree. I think an overlander show like this needs talks, camping, braai, truck displays and interaction I guess a bit like Stan's gig [although I didn't go] or the RGS overland gathering in York. Otherwise they tend to resemble Green Oval spare parts sales. I wouldn't mind vendors giving their experience at a gathering and having an area for a stand etc. Interestingly two guys on the stands told me that although they do land rover parts they were considering getting into cruiser parts because more people were driving them. Saw Etienne, Scott and JulianV at the show.

Wanted to go to this show but could not make, sound like I did not miss out on much.

Back