Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

XBox One or PS4?!

sae70

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
uk
I've just reserved a PS4 in white with a game bundle from Argos with two extra controllers and a Samsung 32" Smart TV in White for the kids for Christmas :icon-cool:

Should I be getting an Xbox One instead?!

What do I know now I'm over 40!!! :icon-biggrin:

Nice, have a look and see what games are available that are age appropriate for your kids. Most of the games that are any good and that my kids want which are available on the xbox are too old for them... something to think about,

The kids i know are fans of one and say the other is crap regardless of which they have , i think the control buttons are slightly different so changing from one brand to another means they aren't as good at games as they used to be if thats any help ?

If the kids are not teens yet, then definitely Wii-U.
Much better availability of non-violence games.
Also, many of the games are designed so that one player (with the game-pad) plays against up to 4 others (with controllers). There are many games which are fun for the whole family, youngsters, teens and mom and dad.
The only drawback is that the wiiU doesn't have the "graphics power" capable of photo-realistic war games, but who needs that - it's a game after all.

There load of articles on the web comparing the 2, we have the XBOX 1 and think it is great, have been playing Forza Horizon 2 and in any off road comp at the moment, got 3 cars to pick, Jeep, hummer or a Defender 90, went of the 90, hasn't broken down yet or got stuck, just shows these games are as real life as they hope [emoji3].
To be honest if it's for the kids, find out what his/hers mates have got, there is very little between the 2.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just got a used x-box 360, & am having a blast! Assassins creed black flag - fab fun! Good job not working till March :) apart from a couple of days a week for a few hours .........

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The newer game machines allow you to play against other people over the internet. As such its probably best to find out what their friends have. My son wanted an xbox one because that was the platform his friends are on as you cannot use say an xbox one to play against someone on a ps. However I think that the number of age appropriate games on the xbox one are rather limited. Most are rate 16 and 18. Cant say about the other platforms.

I have the PS4 and cant fault it, but its already been said above it all depends on what the friends have, so they can all play together online. dont forget to register online and pay the £40 i bet it will be backlogged on Christmas day.

Back