Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

TLOC / Simon

Charlie

Country Flag
indonesia
Well I have been a member on both this forum and TLOC for awhile, and never entered into the Simon debate before.
Today I clicked on a thread “Rear Axle” http://www.tlocuk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?p=87873#87873 and replied with Karl’s website address just to try to help the fella, but after pressing submit it magically changes to Milner Off Road.
Now I understand Simon has issues with people and that’s between them and does not concern me, but this is just being obstructive to the people using his site.

Last edited:
That's a bit daft.... You could post a picture of the logo ;)

The guy is a total prat.

Surely it isn't legal to do what he is doing?

Thanks for the heads up Charlie.

Thanks karl

Has anyone got a phone number for Simon or an email address?

Email prob better as I have a record of the conversation.

Thanks

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I suspect the legalities are greyer than grey there, and you'd spend a lot of time and money trying to unravel it.

I'm going to make a couple of calls anyway regarding the legalities on it I think doodle.

Same as the reading of personal messages by him and editing them as well. I find it disgusting.

I expect he has zero morals.

Quite a shame really, but thats his true colours.

Gra.

You could post a picture of the logo ...................... :eusa-shhh:

Last edited:
Right. I have been in touch with trading standards and he is breaking the law. The fact my sites being changed I really don't care about at all.

Doing what he's doing is morally wrong and he's been doing it for far too long.

If someone would be kind enough to either send me his email by pm or pm him on the other side asking him to email me I would be great full.

Thanks

Karl,

How did the conversation with trading standards go? Would be interesting to know some of the details.

Cheers,
Grant

I don't think it is illegal - it is after all, his site. He can do what he wants with it. It's the internet, it's open and free but ultimately, the person who manages the particular site has all the right to run it as he sees fit.

I have a postcard size piece of paper. I write your address on it and stick it on the noticeboard in the local shop without paying. The shop owner scrawls over the detail and puts that of his friend, who pays him. What recourse do you have?

If you wanted his details, they are public knowledge: http://www.whoischeck.co.uk/ type the address in there

Hi Grant and Chrispin.

I did say that it's his site. People who own or run a business can really do what they want.But if you break the law there's no way out of it.

I explained it was his site yet they said it is a criminal offence.

I'm not going into detail on here just yet. Cheers for the details Chrispin

I would be interested to hear how it is a criminal offense.

You could also use a URL shortener like http://goo.gl/

See here: http://goo.gl/FCDzQ

The automated replacement is simply looking for a word and replacing it with another. It's normally used for swearwords.

"Expect" conveys opinion rather than a statement of fact.

Unless the country turned into a fascist junta overnight while I was asleep (and sometimes I do wonder), that wouldn't stand as libel.

However, given as Gra is posting from China, all bets are off. :lol:

Last edited:
>>>>>>>>>>>>

For those that were involved in the 'off topic' stuff earlier, (that's been removed), I'm happy to support links to companies / other groups who are happy to link back to the TLOCUK however, those that refuse to link back won't be supported - it really is that simple and not open for debate.

Try Milner Offroad for your parts - they offer a massive range of (4x4) parts at very good prices!

Alternatively, try from the TLOCUK forum list of BREAKERS <-- Click to link

Simon
icon_thumleft.gif

I don't think it is illegal - it is after all, his site. He can do what he wants with it. It's the internet, it's open and free but ultimately, the person who manages the particular site has all the right to run it as he sees fit.
No, just as you can't do whatever you like on your own land, you can't do whatever you like on your internet site. I don't know what exactly would be deemed illegal but changing what people say, rather than just removing what they said, seems a likely candidate. Not sure about the PM's but as they're called Private it wouldn't surprise me if it were illegal to read private messages not intended for you no matter what disclaimer you use.

Back